As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FTL - Faster Than Light

Nicely done! You could have ended the second phase earlier by shooting another room with the hull laser, or used a beam drone.

50% off on steam this weekend IAII

i think day9 is streaming FTL right now.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

I remember when he dissected really unintuitive stuff with his WCG experience. smile Those were the days...
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

I'm disappointed in Day9, not figuring out you need to time lasers after you've missiled the shields. tongue

Day9 is overrated, "most normal thing in the world..."

Not really overrated, SC2 isn't interesting enough for his old BW demographic (not yet anyway) nor does he have any real experience at it so he doesn't speak with any authority like he did in the BW dailies. Being an entertainer at heart, he just decided to do general gaming related stuff centered around a more casual SC2 core audience after the response to his Daily #100. Can't really hate him for doing the sensible thing financially while not completely selling out.

I got quite a kick out of his random story times.

[/rant]

Personally I enjoy this guy's LPs since he's not terrible good but he learns as he plays... especially the KSP one.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Ok, so I'm a *tad* late to this party here....

After playing a dozen games or so, this isn't so much a rogue-like game as it reminds me of a puzzle type game of like Desktop Dungeons that was being played late last year.

I know there were people wanting to get some kind of "best-ball" or SG on this going.

Anybody still interested in giving it a shot or has this bus already moved on. :D
On average, everybody thinks they are above average.

That bus went.

However next bus could be off in a few days....

It's too short for a succession game, like 2 hours. Each player would get like 15 minutes. And the game isn't about developing a grand strategy over multiple players and sessions; you don't gain a greater whole from the input of multiple minds as in Civ SGs or team Pitbosses. It's too reactive.

And yeah, I disagree with the roguelike label too. It seems pretty deliberately applied by the creators to get the game noticed. The only roguelike element of FTL is permadeath. It's really tactical RTS.

But it's still a fine game and occupied me for too many dozens of hours. smile