As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Game paused, since it's only Azza to play
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 31st, 2013, 08:54)Commodore Wrote:
(July 31st, 2013, 08:16)Lewwyn Wrote:
(July 31st, 2013, 08:12)Commodore Wrote: Everything okay, Azza?
He's just being wiped out by barbarians...
Heh. It's okay, I just know the down under window is closing, and I see he played 11 four hours ago. scared

I logged into PB 11 today? That's news to me! tongue

Turn rolled.

(July 30th, 2013, 13:10)Bacchus Wrote: Logged out. I stayed logged on by accident last time, apologies for that. I don't think firewalls have much to do with this, some connections just don't work out.

Just wanted to chime in that while I'd never be upset at a person for connectivity issues, over hundreds of MP games I never encountered an example of a person who had control over their network and PC and took all of the standard connectivity steps and who still had issues.

I would be happy to take all the standard connectivity steps, of course (I just need to know what they are)! I am mostly on mobile broadband, though, so not sure to what extent I have control over my network, and some services do, on rare but regular occasions, play up in some way.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(July 31st, 2013, 16:52)Bacchus Wrote: I would be happy to take all the standard connectivity steps, of course (I just need to know what they are)! I am mostly on mobile broadband, though, so not sure to what extent I have control over my network, and some services do, on rare but regular occasions, play up in some way.

No problem, I may have been a little more confrontational than I intended, and after all I'm not playing in the game anyways. I just wanted to put my experience out there for people who do have the ability to control their network and may not be taking all of the available steps (Windows firewall exception, port forwarded on router, etc.).

Gak, sorry Bacchus, clicked on your thread by accident there. Didn't see anything beyond confirmation that you are orange. wink
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(August 2nd, 2013, 10:08)sunrise089 Wrote: No problem, I may have been a little more confrontational than I intended, and after all I'm not playing in the game anyways. I just wanted to put my experience out there for people who do have the ability to control their network and may not be taking all of the available steps (Windows firewall exception, port forwarded on router, etc.).

Not at all confrontational. Exception is set up of course, for both incoming and outgoing, and there is no router over which I have control. The problems occur only with Fintourist and Scooter, I think.

(August 2nd, 2013, 11:53)Commodore Wrote: Gak, sorry Bacchus, clicked on your thread by accident there. Didn't see anything beyond confirmation that you are orange. wink

What? We are not meant to read other people's threads? But that's the most fun part!

Add me to the list too. tongue
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Daaa-aamn! I actually logged out the second after you bounced off me. So, what can one do aside from exceptions in the firewall?

Sacrifice chickens for the router gods and pray for their good will, it is the only way.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon