For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Bacchus debuts on RB showing unmatched vision and slick dice-rolling

Thread title shamelessly stolen from PB11 lurker's abode. Google Images characterizes Will Blunder thusly:

[Image: loach.jpg]

Seems appropriate. This is a spoiler thread for Bacchus and Cheater Hater, playing Suryavarman of Carthage. The game is played on a huge-size Big and Small map, Monarch difficulty, with barbarians, huts and no events or Tech Trading. Player interaction is limited to the trade screen deals. We are playing under the local balancing modification for the game, which introduces the changes described here. Now, everyone who wished to remain unspoiled for PB13 can stop scrolling (actual game stuff only starts on page 3, though).
Seriously, stop.

Ok. So what do we do now, again?

============================
Team Roster:

The Duumvirate:
Bacchus — micro/tactics/bad jokes
Cheater Hater — strategy/everything else

The Dedlurkers:
Gavagai — The Smart Guy
BaII — The Mysterious Stranger
============================

Values for micro

iResearchPercent: for Monarch = 115, for Large = 140, total = 1.61
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Only one word: dedlurking.

We wait for people to finish arguing about the settings and map, and hopefully get thing started by the end of the month tongue

I'm fine with your choices by the way; though I don't really care either way :/

Ah, excellent, CH! I've added the team roster to the original post, though I'm not sure whether BaII will actually join us.

*twiddling thumbs*

By the by, sorry for posting "our" vote before consulting you, CH — I didn't realise you have graciously accepted my invitation!

Fun probability fact, given 4 neighbours we have a cool 42.6471% chance of ending up next to Plako and/or Krillen. Needless to say, if we have multiple neighbours we should expect to end up next to at least one of Plako, Krillen, Commodore or Lewger. Thus, FUN is assured.

CH, we need to announce something for the additional settings, I am inclined:

on seeing the capital before picking — no, it's RBMod and I don't want to mess up my brain even more by trying to figure our the best fit)
on the selection rule — yes; random rolls, ability to reject and re-roll twice
on the concession rule — yes; blind submissions to the mapmaker

If you are fine with this, feel free to copy-paste into the tech thread when you login.

When you posted your votes I hadn't joined the team officially yet, so I think that's fine. I feel the supplemental votes are fine too--honestly I don't care too much about the settings in a big, fun game like this tongue

What time zone are you in? I'm in CDT, which is more unique since it seems like most of RB is in Europe.

Love how u said I was the mysterious stranger. But yes I will be ded lurking u guys.

If this game is snake pick then we should have and expansive leader paired with Ottamans preferably pacal
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

CH, I am GMT. I don't think actually think RB is that Europe-biased, there are lots of 'mericans.

(July 15th, 2013, 13:35)BaII Wrote: If this game is snake pick then we should have and expansive leader paired with Ottamans preferably pacal

It will almost certainly be random leaders. Also, RB-mod Financial isn't so hot. Exp will get hammams cheaply though, so something to think about.

LEADER/CIV:

The process voted on to use for leader/civ generation is as follows:

Quote:Day 1 - generate 17 random pairings and post in team threads. Team responds yea or nay. Yea leaders/civs are removed.
Day 2 - repeat for all nay teams. Again, yeas are removed.
Day 3 - double nay teams are auto-assigned

Your first generated Leader/Civ combination is:

Suryavarman of Carthage

Please state in bold in your thread whether you want to keep or reroll this combination. If you do not keep it, you can have up to 2 more combinations generated for you.