As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] naufragar, Charriu, and Zalson's Threepenny Opera

Did the settler start the turn on that riverside forest? if so, you fog-busted it. but i think you were worried about an animal farther out!
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Sorry for the radio silence, guys. We should be back to something resembling normalcy.

We have a scout boat in the water. Last turn, Cragscleft's borders popped revealing fish, so looks like we've got good stuff out there.

The warriors are away from their cities because we spotted our first barb warrior in the northeast jungle, so we're moving to intercept. Cragscleft is building a second work boat, although I might change that to an axe for defense. I like the boat for more scouting. Bonehoard is building a boat which will then go south to support city #4 which you can see on the tile 1S of the pigs. The work boat will get to where it needs to be a few turns early, but nothing I could do about that. The ivory is roaded and next turn two workers start camping. This will take two turns. Rather than burn the third worker's turn, he moved to the capitol's mine in preparation to cottage the tile the settler is on. There's already a turn into a cottage there. He's also on a roaded tile in case horses show up somewhere convenient.

Next turn, the warrior starts moving south to scout. I'll feel comfortable with our axe progress then. (I might actually log back in and start him moving now...)

Some general thoughts: No one has a religion yet. This means Oracle is still relatively wide open. It's not worth it for Metal Casting. It would cost us something like 400 beakers, 100 hammer, and many worker turns for a 500 beaker tech. We will be picking up Polytheism on our way to Literature, so if it's still open that late, maybe we use it to grab Music. twirl Speaking of tech path, I want Sailing next to we can get ICTRs going. After that, I'm planning, full steam ahead on the library plan. Our land is very green, so we're going to be spitting out workers and cottages in order to, hopefully, avoid feeling the pain of delaying Currency. (The danger of the cottages, in turn, is that our already hammer-poor land is going to be workshop-less, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.) This does feel like we're ceding Colossus, which feels terribly bad, but I've played this start slow. The proof:

Admittedly, this was the turn after two 1-pop whips, but still. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel. We need more land and more overseas trade.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

What kind of funky landmass are we on?

Also notice, Hinduism being founded by Donovan Zoi.

Mh but it looks like the land ends there. Also there's snow on the trees, so this is the southern end of the map.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Oh, and the tile your warrior is standing on could be a city later if there's no better spot.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

And one more thing. I see you discovered AH. Do you want to show us where the horses are?

Buy me a coffee

(November 25th, 2018, 12:28)Charriu Wrote: Mh but it looks like the land ends there. Also there's snow on the trees, so this is the southern end of the map.

Yeah, I think we could tell we were southern because we had jungle to our north, which is usually around the equator.

Charriu Wrote:And one more thing. I see you discovered AH. Do you want to show us where the horses are?

Your wish is my command.

I forgot to take a pic of them when we discovered, so this is a pic from our exploring work boat. Horses are circled in red. A worker is en route to improve them. (We need more workers, but hey! Four cities by turn 50 isn't terrible.) The horses are indeed in a great spot. If we are on an island, let's see how little military we can get away with...

Well, this is intriguing.

Where does that little land bridge go?

I'm preparing to deal with barbs.

I've doubled up on the forested hill in case the barb gets incredibly lucky. I don't want to attack back into the hill. If he blows past us, I think we attack. I need to sim it. I don't want him pillaging. We have an axe complete, but I didn't move him up here. Hopefully the barb just tries to climb our hill.

Come into my mind and share my madness with me. I've been staring at this screen for too long. Do you see slightly lighter water tiles in the fog? Possibly indicative of coast?

Continue long enough and you'll see shades of blue you didn't know existed. This is all a moot point, since we find out in three turns anyway, but it's been bothering me since we founded City 4. Also, I've figured out how to use the bare map feature.

I keep forgetting to take pics of our scouting work boat. The island due east is a small six tile affair with only the fish visible so far. Nothing too exciting, but we probably found there next. Working out the logistics. (Leisurely. Otherwise, that sounds too much like sim work.)

Yes you are right there is coast in the red square.

Buy me a coffee

(November 26th, 2018, 07:38)naufragar Wrote: Come into my mind and share my madness with me.
QotM? lol

Thanks for the reports, they make this game fun to check up on every day.