As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Is anyone else having trouble with the Civstats email going into the spam folder in gmail? It's been going into mine pretty consistently for over a month now, and I rely on those emails. I always go into spam and mark it as "not spam," and I've added Civstats to my contacts list, and yet it still gets marked as spam. Am I the only one, and if I'm not, anyone figure out a solution yet to teach gmail to not do that?

EDIT: and as soon as I post this, I find a solution. In case anyone else is afflicted with this, if you set up a filter in gmail (Settings -> Filters -> Create New), you can say that all emails from Civstats (webstats at civstats dot com) should never be marked as spam. I'm going to try that now.

I'm traveling in this Easter holiday and my internet connection isn't managing to log in to the game. I tried a hundred times and no dice. I'll try to find a place where I can leach an wi-fi tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll only be able to play on monday. cry

Feel free to let the turn roll, by the way.

Having been "that guy" who couldn't connect over Christmas travels and held up the game I have absolutely zero problems pausing this thing for the weekend. I'm not sure how others feel.

Edit: Paused for now, 2:45 left, Azza and Ichabod to play. I know Azza said to let it roll when he can't make it but I think it's better to encourage turns to be played, even if it's only log in, check diplo offers, scan map, end turn log off 30 seconds later.

Stuck in diplo.

I'll unpause.

Oh, fuck it.

If you guys don't mind I can sub in for Ichabod.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Dr. Krill, Euthanasist! Er, I don't have an issue but someone might; I'd say if someone is uncomfortable with it they should just PM Brick, so the veto can come from him.

Actually, has anyone asked Jojo and friends? We've received another mini-community infusion, might be unspoilt subs there.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hell, they can PM me and I wouldn't feel bad about it. I might be the most spoilt person here.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Ichabod - you didn't ask for a sub in Civ general, is that because you're giving the game another chance or because everyone reading that forum is going to be spoiled?

Obviously I'd prefer someone worse than Krill unspoiled to take over, but if no-one is available then so be it...

To be entirely honest, I wish someone else would step forward and play for Ichabod, but it has been months and no one has stepped forward.