As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

Personally, I don't wanna fight right now. I don't know how much military he has, just that he has metals, and that he's had them long enough to get that axe. I would much prefer time to make this city stronger, and get a beefier military. Which is why he's attacking right now. :P

Also, the water I've settled on is salt water, so either that's the other side of a peninsula down there that i'm trapping him on, or it's an interior lake that he does not want to have to defend from my navy. Either way, if I'm Xenu, this city has to go. So I have to hold it, and if I lose it, getting back and holding this crossroads area is paramount to future aggression between us.

Also, I'm really really glad I chose not to contact him earlier.

So, I have an archer, warrior, and chariot in the city, with another archer on the way. He'll probably have reinforcements incoming, but I'll either beat him up if he advances, or hold my ground if he retreats.

It's funny, cause due to the land around me across the water, I have room to expand, so I don't really want to be all warring. but I felt I had to settle that city to not be boxed in, and to claim metals and a happy. Watch him be on a peninsula and feel boxed in himself.

Am I wrong in assuming that the longer this war drags out here, the rest of the players are going to pull that much further ahead and we will both be further irrelevant?

(January 14th, 2013, 14:49)BRickAstley Wrote: So, I have an archer, warrior, and chariot in the city, with another archer on the way. He'll probably have reinforcements incoming, but I'll either beat him up if he advances, or hold my ground if he retreats.

It's funny, cause due to the land around me across the water, I have room to expand, so I don't really want to be all warring. but I felt I had to settle that city to not be boxed in, and to claim metals and a happy. Watch him be on a peninsula and feel boxed in himself.

Am I wrong in assuming that the longer this war drags out here, the rest of the players are going to pull that much further ahead and we will both be further irrelevant?

I spent most of PB5 at war from T90 onwards, but that might have been an outlier.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

You had a Crapital-shaped international target on your back the whole time. Brick, I'm guessing, not so much.

I got offered gold from BigLew for my iron. My guess from previous watching of CivStats is that Azza is coming back to get them, but my iron kinda needs to stay here. :P

(January 14th, 2013, 15:51)Krill Wrote:
(January 14th, 2013, 14:49)BRickAstley Wrote: So, I have an archer, warrior, and chariot in the city, with another archer on the way. He'll probably have reinforcements incoming, but I'll either beat him up if he advances, or hold my ground if he retreats.

I spent most of PB5 at war from T90 onwards, but that might have been an outlier.

Most of your warring was done from a prepared stance with good units. Mine is defending a probably poorly implemented reach for metals. so i can HAVE a military.

Plus, I've not put near as much thought and time into managing the game as you did in PB5, not counting skill level.

So, I made the mistake of checking out my enemy's thread by looking at his past play, namely PB7.

Unfortunately, all of his strategies and emotions seem to culminate in one attitude:

[Image: angry-desk-flip.svg]

I guess I'll be in the Everlong War Of GAH I HATE YOU BRICK YOU RAT BASTARD for this game. At least I have the AGG advantage. smile

Ugh fuck you Xenu let me screw myself over stop trying to help

The more I think about it, the more I'm worried. Xenu has been whipping a lot, and probably has 6 axes/spears headed my way. I could just give up the city, fortify the existing border, and expand overseas. Problem is, that gives him very good positioning and gives up any continuous city spread on this continent for me. Plus, I don't see him just sitting there content to have peace for a while either.

On the other hand, my cities, while a good amount, are woefully underdeveloped and whipped way too much. So a time of peace and infrastructure would be wonderful in the long run. And maybe if he takes that from me, he'll feel victorious and well-off enough to not want to look at fighting my way any more.

It's just frustrating cause I feel this is close enough to be rightfully mine, though he obviously doesn't think so.

What do the lurkers think?