As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Would the 64 bit Civ exe work on my 32 bit system? I'm only asking because Civ IV was developed juuuust around x86 -64 bit OSs started hitting the market.

So it might just be a 32 bit exe run by the OS in compatibility mode?

Er...BtS is 32 bit so I think the .exe is still 32 bit, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. CIV was never designed as a 64 bit program.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 6th, 2014, 14:50)Hashoosh Wrote: Would the 64 bit Civ exe work on my 32 bit system?

Yeah there is no 64-bit exe file. It's 32-bit and the one linked in the CivGeneral thread was taken from a 64-bit installation of windows, but that shouldn't matter.
I have to run.

(June 6th, 2014, 13:18)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I'll reserve judgement on the lurker civ until I can read the lurker thread. I proposed the idea originally and there was plenty of lurker support at the time, including someone willing to write a report each turn. It is a shame if this has not happened because seeing the evolution of such a large game from a mostly omniscient viewpoint would have been pretty neat. Best laid plans, I suppose.

Even simply having a civ that does no diplo, that can always log in and unpause, may end up having value in this game.

(June 6th, 2014, 14:50)Hashoosh Wrote: Would the 64 bit Civ exe work on my 32 bit system? I'm only asking because Civ IV was developed juuuust around x86 -64 bit OSs started hitting the market.

So it might just be a 32 bit exe run by the OS in compatibility mode?

It should be fine, I think. Couldn't hurt to try as long as you don't delete your originals. smile

(June 6th, 2014, 12:16)novice Wrote:
(June 5th, 2014, 17:40)Dhalphir Wrote: I also have the Steam version.

Any luck getting things to work?

I suggest you play as soon as you're able, and then we play through turn 64, making sure everybody is back on track by seeing that they play their turn.

[Image: ProblemSolvered.jpg]
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(June 6th, 2014, 07:45)Ruff_Hi Wrote: IIRC - there were two changes. One involved reducing the spacing in the scoreboard (see linked post from T-hawk). I can't see any attached code but the link below does include what needs adjusting and where (ie which file). I can put that together tonight.

(March 23rd, 2014, 14:38)T-hawk Wrote: Looks reasonable to me. Yes, you'll get the "different assets" warning unless both the Pitboss host and you put that in place. So I'm not sure how to test it without disrupting the live game.

As for the scoreboard itself, that's really simple. In CvMainInterface.py, change the line "iBtnHeight = 22" to a smaller number. Here's what it looks like at 14.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1072]

I'll let Krill or whoever handle the editing and packaging and distribution of that change.

Here is the code for the scoreboard change. This zip file only contains one file (the main interface python file) and is a new file for this mod. The change is ...

Code:
#iBtnHeight = 22   modified for the RB 32Civ game ... reduced so that the scoreboard doesn't scroll off the top of the page
iBtnHeight = 14

Attached Files
.zip   RB Mod 2.0.6.4a.zip (Size: 24.62 KB / Downloads: 2)
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Good to go now.

I vote against tampering with this game in any way whatsoever.

My game isn't working with the fix prescribed in civ general, hopefully I'll get it working between now and tomorrow when the turn rolls.

Just a heads up, I may need a pause/lurker play. But I doubt it.

(June 6th, 2014, 20:07)Barry Lyndon Wrote: I vote against tampering with this game in any way whatsoever.

Problems with the scoreboard? Eliminate more players. devil
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21