As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Checked and confirmed PB18 is currently unreachable, though PB20 is working. Informed Caledorn.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

(June 10th, 2014, 05:59)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I'm not connecting at all, nor am I able to bring up the stats page.

if I can't play in the next hour or so, I'm going to need a pause, because I can't play from work.

Also probably going to need a pause.

No idea why the server had frozen, but the game is reloaded from Dhal's login autosave.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I will need a pause until about 7 pm EDT.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

I also paused the game after playing my turn. smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

(June 10th, 2014, 11:00)Caledorn Wrote: I also paused the game after playing my turn. smile

thx smile

I'll be home to play my turn in an hour or so. Dhal shows as being connected for ~11h, so I think either he's gunning for AT's longest login award or this is a relic of the server freeze? neenerneener

(he mentioned earlier that "Logged in just now and the game wasn't responding to commands. It wasn't paused, as far as I could tell, and the interface worked fine - units just did nothing when ordered to do something." So, I suppose he doesn't want the award after all. smile

Edit: Played and paused, 3h remaining.

was able to play this time
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

AT played the turn? He logged in for 4 minutes earlier...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

thx for your patience - turn has rolled.