As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(June 12th, 2014, 07:40)yuris125 Wrote: Getting stuck on Connected to host, never getting to the civ choice screen. Just me?

Pitboss Portal isn't responding either. Probably an internet outage.
I have to run.

The server had frozen again. I am looking into the possible causes together with a friend of mine who is an MSCE. The game is reloaded a login autosave, so at least two people needs to replay their turn (The two last people who logged in at the time of this post).
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Paused for Caledorn, about 1:40 on the clock.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Caledorn requested I play this turn. Will be on it in a minute.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I just played T71. I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but will be back in ~38 hours from this post, and there's 11.5 hours on the clock.

Can I get a short pause if this turn rolls early and I'm at risk of missing T72?

I've been sitting in game for several minutes as player after player attempt to log in. I'm running out of time to play my turn for now and may need to finish later today. I'll be leaving within the next hour. If I haven't played by then, I'll need a pause.

In general, if possible, please check the game tracker to see if anyone is in game before multiple log in attempts. If you fail the first time, check the tracker and if someone is in, just come back in a few minutes.

Edit: Turn played, no pause necessary for me.

Opened lurker thread by accident, read "Our capital generated 34th Great Spy" before realizing something is wrong.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

That was actually my thread you clicked on, and now everybody knows that I have 34 great spys, thanks.

(June 15th, 2014, 16:51)GermanJojo Wrote: That was actually my thread you clicked on, and now everybody knows that I have 34 great spys, thanks.

OMG hax!!!1 Everyone dogpile the haxor before he steals our identities with all those spies!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Game paused for Hashoosh.