As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Yeah. TBH, PB games seems to have become the young parents game of choice...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I don't know. Have a social life and be courteous to your opponents? The only person I don't mind having to wait on me is my wife because she's caused me so much time waiting.

I don't mean to make so much of this, but it isn't so much to ask to play a turn a day. I had a nice farewell party for some students who used to work for me and are moving on now last night but planned ahead so that I wouldn't hold things up for anyone else.

I'll go into hiding now before I really piss anyone off.

Generally speaking, no, it's not too hard to play a turn a day. But when wars break out and a player has to honor turn splits, that's where I see things could get difficult, especially if both players have very narrow actual windows of play time, even if they technically have 12 hours. Shruuug.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Life and the game both go on. The turn pace has been really good here given the number of players. I realize that a lot of that is from LP's substitute heroics but even so, we really can't complain about the pace. If we get a pause every now and then because someone had too much to drink all I can say is I wish it was me having caused the pause for having had too much to drink. I'm thoroughly caught in the camp of players relegated to one turn per day for play time so I'm not going to be overly jealous of you young pups who can still go out partying all night. To those who are about to imbibe, we salute you! toast

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Apologies for being public enemy #1 again, but I need a lurker to play my turn before the deadline, or a pause until that's available, due to connection issues at my new hotel. I'll be home again tomorrow.

I'll get to it in an hour or two. No pause necessary. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I'm not sure we should be bothering with turn splits in this game for war.

When you look at the chaos that turn splits created in PB13 with several different wars all intertwined, imagine the chaos in this game. I think the evils of double-moves are far less obnoxious than trying to coordinate nine different wars with twenty six different participants.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

(June 29th, 2014, 09:03)Dhalphir Wrote: I'm not sure we should be bothering with turn splits in this game for war.

When you look at the chaos that turn splits created in PB13 with several different wars all intertwined, imagine the chaos in this game. I think the evils of double-moves are far less obnoxious than trying to coordinate nine different wars with twenty six different participants.

I'm going to have to courteously disagree here. I don't want to reopen that particular issue, it was a nightmare in PB7 and leads to undesirable player behavior. It is better by far to have a turn split and a lengthened timer, if the latter becomes necessary.

Edit: I have no idea why a post I quoted weeks ago keeps popping up when I post from my mobile. banghead

(June 29th, 2014, 09:03)Dhalphir Wrote: I'm not sure we should be bothering with turn splits in this game for war.

It's an interesting point. I think, at least, if you have the second have of the timer, and the person with the first half hasn't played in, say, 16 or 18 hours, maybe you should just be able to just move? Otherwise, if we're going to try and roll a turn every day (which I totally support) it's really not fair to confine someone to a 1 hour play window because the other guy took 23 hours.

That's a compromise that gives you a damned long window to avoid being double moved if you're the first player, so it doesn't devolve into PB7.

Quote:I'm not sure we should be bothering with turn splits in this game for war.

Yes, we most definitely should continue to bother. We did not sign up to play a game with double-moves allowed and I really have no interest in doing so. Besides, there's nothing wrong with multiple wars, it's only 3 or 4 ways splits that should cause additional difficulty and those should be rare.