As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[no players] You're doing it wrong...the lurking thread

Remind me, when did henge go in pb4?

fluffyflyingpig Wrote:Remind me, when did henge go in pb4?

35, to an Ind guy with no stone, so a bit hard to compare. Honestly, it seems that team Nobpar will run in all directions, trying for 'henge, failing, then GLH, failing, then REXing, behind. It's a choice thing, and I could see any priority route working out for them, but not going in all directions like this.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

T35 on *Normal* speed, no less. As in 'Henge before Settler. The more land you have to snowball growth through currency into, the safer it is to build early wonders.

The cat team in greens is aiming for Oracle on t33 in th 2nd city... we'll see how they do, but it seems plausible at least.

And that's further down the tree and more expensive than Henge.

It's hard to judge, in general, when Stonehenge should be aimed for. In 24, being Chm, I prioritized the 'henge pretty hard and snagged it around turn 33, but that was a game when 2/3rds on my opposition wasn't even in the market for the wonder. Spi/Imp Justinian can do artist pops, but Ind FDR loves the 'henge as to N7, I think the chances are low for the "wait for stone" plan with Gasble.

Weird, any of the greens looking at Stonehenge? I don't recall any mentions. The cat plan might work for the 'mids, but Sian, without Ind or the forests available here, managed the 'mids in good time in 26...they might be making an ass out of Ume. Poor Ume. alright

Commodore Wrote:It's hard to judge, in general, when Stonehenge should be aimed for.
The right answer is of course one turn before the next guy would get it. Which you can't work out in multiplayer by a formula or guessing like you can against AIs. Same pretty much goes for the Oracle too, and Pyramids and Great Lighthouse and any other wonder that comes early enough that you don't really want to start building it right away.

Wow, so according to current micro plans, N7 would beat HeliumGas to GLH by 2t. This could get interesting.

Shoot the Moon Wrote:Wow, so according to current micro plans, N7 would beat HeliumGas to GLH by 2t. This could get interesting.

Yeah, that's why I tried to ask carefully what their plan was for the 'mids...if they swipe both before Nobga, we'd probably see revolt. Dunno what Mack is doing with this early 'henge if Seven is right, though.

So Stonehenge:

T-hawk Wrote:The right answer is of course one turn before the next guy would get it. Which you can't work out in multiplayer by a formula or guessing like you can against AIs. Same pretty much goes for the Oracle too, and Pyramids and Great Lighthouse and any other wonder that comes early enough that you don't really want to start building it right away.

By this criteria, Mackoti really missed the optimal timing on 'henge here. That's...almost obscenely early, even though for Ind it's only a net 54 hammers. I wonder what made him so paranoid about it? Also, normally I expect Ind to go Oracle and thus pick up a religion for border pops...I suppose Mack, particularly after losing the Pyramids to No7 in 23, might be ignoring the usual gambits and going for the Pyramids directly.

So, should be interesting to see if this accelerates team Gasble's wonder plans, this set plays for keeps. I'd say staying out of the wonder chasing is a win for Lewwyn except that he's on track right now for the earliest economy crash ever.

Commodore Wrote:Staying out of the wonder chasing is a win for Lewwyn except that he's on track right now for the earliest economy crash ever.

It's working well for him in PBEM22! lol

[strike]I wish he was *reporting* like 22...[/strike]
Edit: WOW! In the last 3 days he's gotten back to some great reporting!