As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

No, you haven't even done what the players said they wanted you to do. Some starts still don't have a 5f tile!
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Balance is not the goal. Though if people are missing their 5F tile that should be sorted out.

Mod Installation Instructions

Even if you have the mod, it has changed, so you need to install the newest version (2.0.2). Link to the mod and changelog is here:

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid305049

Download link here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5826112/PB8/mod...02.0.2.zip

Instructions:

1) Extract the folder.
2) Place the folder in your Program Files\Firaxis\Civ4\BtS\Mods folder.
3) Load the mod within Civ via Advanced->Load a Mod.
ALTERNATIVE: Create a shortcut on your desktop to BtS with an argument for the mod. In the end, it should all look like this:

[Image: mod_install.png]

If it has not been fixed by this point, you should rename that .ini file to 2.0.2 rather than 2.0.1 (EDIT: I have changed the mod download link to a link that fixes this problem). Also, make sure your file path matches this and you're not in some other mods folder. Finally, the line you need to add to a shortcut to launch the mod directly is as you see here - "mod=\RB Mod 2.0.2"

Any questions?

Well, if those starts have something to make up for the missing 5f tile (a gold resource for example) I'm not sure it is that big an issue. Yeah, I know, gold and food is not the same, but still, I think the request was random but playable, not trying to balance it out. Some players will certainly have stronger starts while others will have shitty starts (and civ/leader pairings on top). We knew that would happen when we signed up.

Of course, if in doubt, scooter is completely right, best to sort it out and add those 5f tiles.

Yeah, we need to make sure the starts are okay at least and the asked for resources are within 6 tiles (um... accessible tiles, but that should go without saying)
Krill, do you have other reservations about the map? Balance isn't really expected, but if you don't think it will even be fun for some people then we should look at re-rolling.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

You asked for starts to be balanced by giving rules for the food, right? That was followed...to the letter, but the response varied between starts.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'm still not sure what you're implying is the problem here.

I can't explain everything if you're still going to use that base map.

Shrug. If the requirements laid out are met, I think we're fine. We know this is going to be pretty unbalanced.

(October 27th, 2012, 12:57)pindicator Wrote: Yeah, we need to make sure the starts are okay at least and the asked for resources are within 6 tiles (um... accessible tiles, but that should go without saying)
Krill, do you have other reservations about the map? Balance isn't really expected, but if you don't think it will even be fun for some people then we should look at re-rolling.

He mentioned one edit that I'll do...I haven't figured out yet how much else is actually wrong with the map.

He's also upset about my method - in some places I upgraded resources, in others I added new ones, and that seems to have offended Krill's sense of rightness. Given that you guys asked for something quite random, I'm not convinced that matters.

Regardless, I'm about out of time for this, I've got too many chores to do this weekend. If you want an actually balanced map, recruit someone else. I thought I was signing on for roll something random and slap in a few bonuses to starts that were weak.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker