As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

(May 17th, 2013, 09:25)Rowain Wrote:
(May 17th, 2013, 08:45)Bigger Wrote: Morocco!! wtf

What do you have against Morocco?

It's completely irrelevant as an independent power. If you're going to have a morocco country, then you need a Canada, Mexico, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, etc. all more historically relevant than morocco.. I'd put Morocco's relevance roughly on par with Tibet, which would be equally as ridiculous. Why not just create 700 civs and have one for every country that ever existed?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(May 17th, 2013, 12:27)Bigger Wrote:
(May 17th, 2013, 09:25)Rowain Wrote:

What do you have against Morocco?

It's completely irrelevant as an independent power. If you're going to have a morocco country, then you need a Canada, Mexico, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, etc. all more historically relevant than morocco.. I'd put Morocco's relevance roughly on par with Tibet, which would be equally as ridiculous. Why not just create 700 civs and have one for every country that ever existed?

Morocco was the power base of the Almoravids and Almohads, who were pretty major players in the battles for Iberia, and really ruled some of the strongest Kingdoms of the middle ages.

bah, I overstated my case. you're overstating yours too, though. they weren't that important

Every country is important in its own way.

For Example: The Duchy of Grand Fenwick

jive

(May 17th, 2013, 07:40)Azza Wrote: You could argue that New Zealand are represented with the Maori Warriors as a Polynesian UU.

Disclaimer:I know very little about Civ 5.
From a cursory glance at it, I wish they'd left it out...
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

CIV6 should launch only with the 4 starters (Egypt, India, China, Babylon) and then every other civ costs $5 each. No wait, better yet, instead you need people to commit to preorder a DLC with a particular civilization in it before you even build the asset! Say if 10k people are willing to ask for England and put their $5 up ahead of time (perhaps $4, for preorder bonus), then an England DLC will be made available...

NOTE: Babylon here is a placeholder for a fertile crescent Civilization, you could swap Sumeria / Assyria or a similarly temporal and spacial located Civilization in there without too much of a fistfight... maybe.

/evil
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Up until the 19th Century Morocco (or the then equivalent) played a big part in European and North African affairs.

Although a general Berber civ may be more appropriate, Morocco is not exactly out of left-field (like for example a Timor Leste civ).
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

I'm still waiting on the Phoenicians...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Quote:NOTE: Babylon here is a placeholder for a fertile crescent Civilization, you could swap Sumeria / Assyria or a similarly temporal and spacial located Civilization in there without too much of a fistfight... maybe.

Hilly Flanks for life, yo.

(May 17th, 2013, 14:54)pindicator Wrote: I'm still waiting on the Phoenicians...

how about the etruscans? tongue