As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILER] Ikhanbod

Here's the deal that I made to Serdoa. It says declare war in 10 turns.

Holy heck, now I realized that the deal can also mean that we will both be at war with Davey for 10 turns...

banghead

Something that wildly counterintuitive and unexpected would seem to be grounds for a reload, yes. I guess it does mean "war FOR ten turns" not "war IN ten turns", but that's not at all obvious, and doesn't square with the single-player experience of the AIs always asking you for war in ten turns.

I'd say that's probably just a bug where the behavior in MP is different from SP (in that it declares war immediately and not in ten turns). I doubt it would force you to remain at war for ten turns.

So yeah, that deserves a reload.

I disagree, it looks like what you'd see with "Peace Treaty for 10 turns". Declare war in 10 turns involves a very distinctive dialogue box similar to the "Don't spy/spread religion/settle near me" screen. I'm not sure those are even available to use for multi player vs player games.

(September 5th, 2013, 22:05)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: I disagree, it looks like what you'd see with "Peace Treaty for 10 turns". Declare war in 10 turns involves a very distinctive dialogue box similar to the "Don't spy/spread religion/settle near me" screen. I'm not sure those are even available to use for multi player vs player games.

Yeah, that's certainly a possible interpretation of it. That's what makes me wary about this reload...

To be fair, after this turn I just feel like quitting this game. I just can't stand the game doing unexpected things all the time.

Anyway, I'm happy with the way I played the game and that's enough for me. I'll try to have a good night of sleep and think about things later. I really don't mind losing a game and I constantly played from losing positions. But that's because I always know that I made the plays that put me on that position. Here it's like things happened on their own, messing up with plans I made for a long time.

There's a lot of things adding to my feeling of frustration with this game, but I don't think listing them will do anyone any good. But, in the end, I'm frustrated to have to ask for a reload due to something which can be considered my fault and I'll be frustrated if I have to play on from my position without the reload. It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yeah, I don't want to keep playing this game...

So what you're saying is that striving and getting into an awesome position and then having it fade away before your eyes is absolutely brutal to experience. Paging Regorarr to this thread! I wonder how many points on this scale this lies!

Edit: actually, damn, my dissenting opinion may have accidentally made you depressed as hell about your position. You're too damn honourable. I mean, I don't think a reload is strictly speaking fair, but I think it's worth granting because it's more fun. And having a stray click drop you into rebellion because of a preconception from single player is hardly fun.

So I take it that this may be the straw that broke the camel's back? I'm sure someone will be willing to take over your civ in such a strong position... I'm doubtful that no-one would care if you listed all the problems...T-Hawk's early reports were beating a dead horse and people still loved them anyway.

I'm very sure that the reload will be granted with T-Hawk's help; so don't even consider it not being granted. smile

No problem with what you said, Nicolae. The thing is, I agree with what you are saying regarding the reload. The reload wouldn't be strictly fair and that feels bad for me.

But worst of all is that I'm annoyed with the game and its lack or confusing presentation of information and how it always seems like a lottery when you open the save to see what happened. That finally reached a point where it took away my will to keep on playing.

In he end, I just don't want to force myself to keep on playing something that, right now, is making me feel bad.

End game picture dump from last turns:

---

After the unwanted war and -17 happiness: