As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Rebalancing Civ4: RtR Mod

While I'm at it, I don't think the lumbermill defense malus is working properly. At least I think I saw a xbow getting +50% def on one.

Bah, fuck lumber mills.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Might get splinters.

I asked this in the wrong thread. It probably should go here ...
(October 22nd, 2015, 06:18)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Is it possible to add requirements to map trading such as having to have OB or active resource trades for X turns.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

You could probably code anything. Question is if it's healthy.

No barbs has map trading disabled, which is there to make people expend resources on scouting. The map trading beyond that...I was working on a change to the barb spawn times to make scouting far away from your start position not viable per se, but to make it that scout units weren't barb bait by T25. That'd probably meran that map trading could be put back to Civil Service (rather than Paper).

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 22nd, 2015, 13:10)Krill Wrote: You could probably code anything. Question is if it's healthy.

No barbs has map trading disabled, which is there to make people expend resources on scouting. The map trading beyond that...I was working on a change to the barb spawn times to make scouting far away from your start position not viable per se, but to make it that scout units weren't barb bait by T25. That'd probably meran that map trading could be put back to Civil Service (rather than Paper).
Why don't you want scouting far away from the start position to be viable? The increased focus on KTB means that assuming a pangaea/large continent, you want to use the initial scout to make as many far-away contacts as possible before borders close.

I think he means he doesn't want it to be as viable to have your initial scout cruise around for an eternity because of super-weak (vs scouts) animals. Animals were buffed in the last version of RtR, remember.

At the same time scouts need to be worth building. It's actually a complex problem given that scouting is one of the 4 X's.

What about leaving scouts as they are and allow explorers to ignore open borders kinda like caravels or great merchants? No one ever builds explorers, but if they were useful for... exploring, maybe somebody would? Obviously they'd need to be prevented from squatting on rival players' resource tiles, but if they could walk through rival territory without open borders without inciting the rival to kill them because they're blocking use of tiles, maybe that would be a good reason to build explorers. If the rival really didn't want to be explored they could resort to declaring war to kill the explorer, but if they were OK with exploration without wanting OBs for trade routes that would be a new possibility.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Sounds like a good idea.