As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Pindicator war is going so well, he may not even get a Heroic unit. He messed up taking Barry's capital, he saved his 6xp cr2 axe for last at 99.9 odds. If he had thrown in that unit earlier at 96ish it would have been 2xp for a total of 8, and he could find a favorable battle at Barry's one remaining city to get to 10xp. Now he will have to farm the last city or hope for a barb spawn in the ever shrinking fog.

Heh, or he could just raid William, as he plans...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 24th, 2014, 09:32)Lord Parkin Wrote: That's right, I vaguely recall something about that. Doesn't it also use up limited aircraft slots for the player you rebase to?

That's a neat trick, never tried that. Guess it's not often relevant by the time you've got aircraft, usually you've already traded maps to reveal most of the world.

I don't know about the aircraft slots. The second part I learned from the Final Frontier mod, where "aircraft" units come with a second or third level tech, long before you've explored the map, so the blind rebasing is very useful.

Aircraft slots are per-player. So, to use a totally random example, if there is a city named "Battle" in the "Badassdom" civ, and a civ let's call "Canada" has open borders with Badassdom, Battle can host eight airships, four from each civ.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Good to know. It's been a while since I've played a serious late game war, need to refresh myself on these mechanics.

(June 24th, 2014, 00:47)T-hawk Wrote: Where did the mod end up on map trading, could the civs just give their maps to the lurker?

Hmm, according to the spreadsheet - "Map Trading disabled".

That makes it a bit trickier for us, might require some savegame editing later (unless we just ignore the islands). Not an issue for the time being though.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

A new record! tongue

Code:
Parkin (Cyneheard)
Parkin (darrell)
Parkin (Hashoosh)
Parkin (lurker)
Parkin (The Black Sword)

Cyneheard should be back next turn, he's usually reliable.
The Black Sword is a temporary sub.
Darrell's looking for a permanent sub.
Only concerning one is Hashoosh, who's disappeared for 3 turns now with no word.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Turn 82

Pindicator takes Barry's capital. However, in a baffling turn of events MYKI also declares war on Barry, landing 2 Axes and a Worker... on a forest in the middle of nowhere? I guess he smelled blood and wanted a part of the spoils, but later realised two Axes on a boat were woefully inadequate at this point in the game next to Pindicator's army. So he "compromised" by unloading them in the middle of nowhere, where Pindicator couldn't strike against him. That's the best I can come up with, anyway. Seriously, what's that dude smoking? lol

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5782.JPG]

In another bizarre twist, Bacchus declares war on Yuri but signs peace the same turn. As nearly as I can determine, he decided to take an opportunistic stab against Yuri's Axe up north with his Immortal, and lost to a bad RNG roll. Pretty silly move even if he'd won, really. Is attempting and failing to kill a solitary, nonthreatening unit really worth dialing up your neighbour's alertness and annoyance?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5783.JPG]

HAK finally gets a Skirmisher down to Jowy's city, though with such light support it might not be able to accomplish much except keeping lookout.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5784.JPG]

After revealing a few more tiles, I think dtay is winning the expansion race at the moment. He has 11 cities currently.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5785.JPG]
Lord Parkin

Pretty sure that worker was captured. Galleys only have two seats.

That makes a little more sense, I guess...
Lord Parkin

Turn 83

Azza continues to push aggressively towards Mardoc, while failing to settle his Gold-Fish site. Yes, that's a Settler on the Pigs tile south of our Great Spy, probably intended to settle along the river to the west.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5814.JPG]

HitAnyKey declares war on dazedroyalty. This is a bit bizarre as they're on opposite sides on the map. I can only presume HAK's Galley killed a Work Boat of dazed's.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5816.JPG]

Ruff_Hi is the first player to officially "meet" the lurkers!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5817.JPG]
Lord Parkin