As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

How did MYKI manage to explore his own continent so poorly that he only found Darrell's borders after T80? I don't think he's even located WilliamLP yet.

I mean, I guess he's revealed all the territory he'd want to immediately settle, but that's the thing... he should have settled all that 10-20 turns ago and explored further.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Oops, posted this in Cyneheard's thread by mistake, but immediately deleted it.

Turn 84

Azza declares war on Mardoc. Didn't see that one coming. wink Doesn't look like he has enough of a force to make much impact though. He'll be lucky to take that one city by the looks of things, given its Walls. And it's not exactly a grand prize even if he does take it. Azza, when you're looking back on this post - consider in the future whether wars like this really gain you anything aside from catharsis.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5837.JPG]

Not sure why MYKI pillaged the Horse pasture but not the road... in any event looks like Pindicator's noticed what he's doing.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5835.JPG]

Nakor is the latest one with barb Spear troubles. He doesn't seem to have any Axes around either - just Holkans - which doesn't exactly help.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5838.JPG]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Azza thinks if he declares enough grudge wars people will stop razing the cities he plants in other people's faces (usually without enough defense). Which will never happen because the other people would be screwing themselves by letting him plant like that.

It's not just about indefensible forward cities, check out this bit from PB13:

(September 17th, 2013, 12:20)Azza Wrote: Ignoring the dismissed plan to raze Bacon!, I was happy to live a peaceful coexistence with Lewger til they deemed my exploring chariot to be a threat and killed him. Now I have no choice but to declare my sole objective in this game as kill Lewger, or at least ruin their prospects of winning.

And where was this peaceful exploring chariot?
(September 16th, 2013, 03:05)Lewwyn Wrote: I played earlier. Now Azza has played and I logged in to see where he moved his chariot:

[Image: t63_zpscbc77241.jpg]

smoke
Just wow.

yeah, I'd have capped it too. Azza seems to think he should be free from human reactions to his choices. I don't know why he keeps signing up for games against people, only to ignore the fact that those people are rational humans and will not passive AI.

Anytime someone says they have no choice, you know something is about to go very wrong in their supposed chain of logic. But that example in particular is quite rich.

I took that statement in context as having been made facetiously.

Wow. lol I could see the comment about "no choice... my sole objective... kill... ruin... prospects of winning" as being intended as humorous. The thing is though, Azza's gained a bit of a reputation for adopting exactly this mentality across multiple games at RB.

Incidentally, I played with Azza in several games at CFC before I came to RB, and I don't recall him having that mentality in the past. Then again, I'm not sure I ever started next to him - most were 18 player games on Fractal maps, so a fairly low probability of us sharing borders in the first place.
Lord Parkin

Welcome zanth to replace darrell. Thats at least a straight trade, and if zanth is engaged probably an upgrade... He's on a continent between William and myki, which aint a bad corner of the world to call home. Pindicator to the south may be a concern, but not quite yet. If I was William, I wouldnt count on peaceful relations with any of the aleaPB crowd without earning it.

And William, plant that freaking coastal powerhouse already!

Well I'd say WLP is definitely benefiting from getting a neighbor replacement given that he's less likely to be pissed off at WLP's earlier settling pattern since he wasn't here to see it happen.

History merely repeats for Azza:
(February 6th, 2014, 08:23)Azza Wrote: No, I will not accept white peace after my city gets razed. I don't care if I won't have any chance to win the game if I don't take peace, because if I take peace I have almost no chance of winning anyway.

I'm more than happy to try and ruin SystemLords chance of winning if he won't give me Anubis. Yeah, I know I'm a stubborn asshole but eventually if I keep this up, one day people won't fuck with me when I leave a chance for an opportunist to strike. Or they'll do it anyway and I'll just keep up my stubborn and vindictive ways.