As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 13 Settings Discussion

Good luck making people play when they don't want to
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(July 18th, 2013, 21:48)pindicator Wrote: Good luck making people play when they don't want to

what are you talking about? who suggested we should?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

rolleye

I scanned back through this thread and couldn't seem to find it, but what's the rough estimate on when the starts are released//game will be up? (Not sure if those are different times or not). I think I recall the ~22nd, is that still the current timetable?
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I believe Brick said about 17 hours ago that starting screens would be posted within 24 hours. So I'd call it very likely they appear within 24 hours of now. After that, I would still give it up to few days before the game is up. The first turn will assuredly be untimed if you are worried about it coming too soon.

Ok, thanks.

Not worried about it starting too soon, just curious // excited for it to start.

Concerning the concession system. I'd like a system that would keep the game rolling as long as there are more than 2 players that want to continue and have reasonable chances to win. I'm afraid that if SevenSpirits system would be in use, teams without hope would probably end up voting "End the game" very early, leading to premature ending of the game.

Maybe something like this could work:
* Voting system like Sevenspirits suggested (It is ok for players in desparate situation to actiavate "end the game" vote whenever they like)
* When 2/3 of the living players have "end the game" vote on admin does this every 10th turn.
- If 3 of the players that want to continue have realistic shot (over 10% chance) at winning game always continues
- If 2 or less of the players that want to continue have a realistic shot it becomes a judgment call of the admin. He asks himself if the game is worth continuing based on the game atmospehere. If not - winner is declared based on the methods Sevenspirits suggested.

I like plako's system better. I'm not signing on to play on when the winner is obvious, but until that point I think we all expect to carry on, no matter how bleak the situation.

Agree with Plako's system / Old Harry.

I am quite happy with a system that causes games to continue longer IF players will also keep trying and not just start doing random crap.

Plako, I really think it's important to have at least three different possible opinions. If you confine people to either "vote to continue" or "vote to stop" (which your system effectively does since it just counts votes to stop out of total players), then anyone without a real stake in the game has justification to vote to stop it. Personally if I'm in a lost position, I want to vote abstain most of the time, so that the players who are still in it can decide with their votes what to do. If I have this option available, I wouldn't vote to end the game unless it's clearly dead already. In my system the intent was that people wouldn't vote to end the game unless they really think it's worth taking away the game from people who still wanted to play it.