As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

(August 12th, 2013, 17:48)Tasunke Wrote: what is the EMP victory type?

EMP=Emperor aka level 6

We need to give credit where credit is due. The performance of Civ 5 in my machine greatly improved after the BNW patch. The PBEM V saves used to take a minute to open, now they take like 20 seconds (and these are later in the game, of course). Nice work there.

Nice

Btw, is civ V playable at 6mbps internetspeed?

(6 down 1.5 up)

(August 20th, 2013, 19:48)Ichabod Wrote: We need to give credit where credit is due. The performance of Civ 5 in my machine greatly improved after the BNW patch. The PBEM V saves used to take a minute to open, now they take like 20 seconds (and these are later in the game, of course). Nice work there.

I wonder what the actual technical change was...
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

(August 20th, 2013, 20:27)Sareln Wrote:
(August 20th, 2013, 19:48)Ichabod Wrote: We need to give credit where credit is due. The performance of Civ 5 in my machine greatly improved after the BNW patch. The PBEM V saves used to take a minute to open, now they take like 20 seconds (and these are later in the game, of course). Nice work there.

I wonder what the actual technical change was...

It could be nothing... What I mean by that is that something that drains CPU can be surprising and look small. A good example is here; t-hawk's Sudoku Solver:

http://www.dos486.com/sudoku/index.shtml

Civplayers finally dies:

http://www.civplayers.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

I'm quite indifferent for irrelevant reasons but it is still noteable.

Fall patch is out. Includes a stand-alone Pitboss server. Though doesn't look like we have enough players for big games anyway :P

Link doesn't work for Civplayers.

Dead is dead huh ...

Is there a way to access the old forum data? I'm curious as to the overall quality of the site over a time period leading up to its death (or at least seeing its state as it died)

Would perhaps be useful in predicting the future deaths of other sites.

(October 15th, 2013, 19:42)Tasunke Wrote: Link doesn't work for Civplayers.

Dead is dead huh ...

Is there a way to access the old forum data? I'm curious as to the overall quality of the site over a time period leading up to its death (or at least seeing its state as it died)

Would perhaps be useful in predicting the future deaths of other sites.

Use wayback machine...