As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Chairmen NobleHelium and Gaspar Demand Your Presence in the Collective

Gaspar Wrote:Tend to play the military cards a bit closer to the vest but I'll do a fairly detailed military planning post on the eve of our attack.

Playing werewolf is making you paranoid, gaspar. lol

Ichabod Wrote:Playing werewolf is making you paranoid, gaspar. lol

I think WW games only exacerbate my normal, baser instincts. wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

[Image: 800px-Map_Agincort.svg.png]

Oh, no no no nonononono...you're the horse army frown.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Update please smile

Okay, I think I'm on 4 requests for an update either in thread or over gchat so I'll reload the last turn and see what I can show you. There's really not a whole lot to tell that I didn't tell in the last update as we then missed 2 consecutive days with Lewwyn and mackoti each holding the turn a whole day. For a game with 4 players who have a fairly decent PYFT rating, this game has moved pretty slow.

Our mounted force started to roll out this turn. ETA T87.

[Image: t84a.jpg]

Over in the West Indies, we have our first Trireme patrolling the pond, with another on the way. Factory Drift is our Moai city and absolutely critical, so defending that from N7's 3-movers is essential.

[Image: t84b.jpg]

And a look inside Factory Drift:

[Image: t84c.jpg]

Lewwyn has been spreading Hinduism to us via Missionary. We're expecting our GSpy from the Great Wall in 5t. We'll fire a GA and revolt Hinduism/Hereditary Rule (researched on overflow next turn)/(Bureau/Vass)/OR. We're not really sure on the Bureaucracy/Vassalage bit. We're definitely going to research Feudalism soon as Longbows are very good for us. Bureaucracy will obviously do more in terms of pure yield - the question is basically whether we'll save enough gold with Vassalage to make the +2 xp more valuable than Bureaucracy's boosts. Haven't made that decision quite yet. Lewwyn currently has a missionary in our capital.

[Image: t84d.jpg]

Here's the current F2 on 100% research. Breakeven right now is ~35%.

[Image: t84e.jpg]

In the city count race, we're currently down 5 to N7 and 3 each to mackoti and Lewwyn. We have a city being settled in 2t at our second floodplains location. We'll probably bang out a city for the jungle shortly thereafter, once we've researched IW.

EOT Demos. Production is pretty nice considering we've got no forges down yet.

[Image: t84f.jpg]

Anything anyone would specifically like to see that I haven't shown?

Here's the real battle plan, btw:

[Image: hastings-map.gif]

Pretty successful for the guy with Archers and Cavalry, no? wink

So I opened the new save to this offer:

[Image: t85a.jpg]

Someone doesn't want to go to war.

However, if you'd like to not go to war, perhaps stop beating us to wonders and leaving us with no choice in the matter if we'd like to stay relevant:

[Image: t85b.jpg]

Seriously, I'm just not good enough to play against these types of players. Everything we've tried to do all game we've been about 2t behind. I fully expect to see 4 pikes in their front city when we attack. There's no sugar-coating it and I'll not put myself in this position again.

In happier news, how about that Thomas Vermaelen? smile

Oh give me a break, I can't believe someone else wanted Paya. That's ridiculous.

banghead