As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB78-Superdeath and Nauf beat the field

yeah.. He has ANOTHER quecha coming as well. Looks like he is hard-set on settling that area. Also, doesnt look like he is really all that much farther than Gavagai. Sigh.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

What's your settling order priority and why?

(July 16th, 2024, 13:41)scooter Wrote: What's your settling order priority and why?

Well it was for the nice middle ground there, but i suppose i have to let that slide, and expand elsewhere. Next city will probably be north, with the one after that being S-Sw i think. Havent thought much beyond that, due to being busy with other stuff.. taking on too many pb responsibilites, this pb annoying me with how broken logging in is, and my early mistakes already.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: LVuipUa.png]

First to 3 cities. 1st in food. This... isnt what i was thinking was going to happen. Especially with my GOD AWFUL micro early game. Do we still have a chance? Where are all the barbs? What happened to Thrawn? Find out later!
-Old Harry. PB48.

Where and why did you settle?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(July 19th, 2024, 02:11)Tarkeel Wrote: Where and why did you settle?

SW at the sheep/fish. It is a nice safe city, claims 2 nice food, and will/should flip the barb city sometime soon?
-Old Harry. PB48.

Howdy!

[Image: 8HJeRiY.png]

Couple things. We are 1t from popping borders. This barb city doesnt have a monument yet, and being that it produced an archer.. id expect it wont pop one for awhile. So, can anyone give the rough numbers providing no culture that it would take to convert this barbaric people to the great Sumerian faith? Also you can note that im saving gold i was originally researching writing and had to save gold to continue the binary research. Gavagai i expect might be heading for a religion, but if not.. im fully prepared to dive straight for buddhism/priesthood. The downside? Might lose Buddhism. Upside? Religion + still get my UB which will help with our spamming of settlers. For being Raging barbs (which im used to playing against in SP) i havent seen a single non-stationary barb. I must be pretty lucky because THRAWN lost a city to the barbs. As NA. Kinda surprising tbh.

Wanna know whats more surprising than someone losing a city as NA to raging barbs??

[Image: Y54zahv.png]

Me ever having a crop yield lead in a game with non-newbies, or Old Harry basically piloting my first 100t. Yes, i will be whipping in 1-2t but that 9food lead? Yeah, thats probably my 2nd city rocking 10f at size 3. 2t to grow, whip granary, finish chariot, and settler/worker pump. Currently t45, im hoping i can be at 6 cities (come on barb flip) by t60. It will probably be close. I have 2 workers atm, with a 3rd 1-2t away (bad memory) Plenty of improved tiles to work all high food.

Tech path if everything goes well is probably myst-med-sailing-priest-writing-math-currency-arch-hbr. Which should be doable before barbs unlock. AGG vultures +HA should be able to clear any non-gunpowder unit in my way. Will be bloody, but probably the most efficient. Sailing incase you are wondering (or if nauf wants to correct me/give me advice :P ) is to get that gold hooked up ASAP. Happy will be a bit of an issue.

[Image: dc0VI4l.png]
Alrighty, so unless im talked out of it, i think the next settler, which is being built after the worker in the capital, should go north to the horse/cow. I dont feel we need our copper hooked up QUITE yet, as chariot should defend our borders against anything frisky. Although i think it should be the city immediately after. Also to note: Dreylin is showing and "threatening" an attack with a chariot. Now, it IS protecting a worker.. but its still in a 2t range to hit our 2nd city. The city is protected by a fully fortified warrior, and the capital chariot can reach it in time. ALSO, we have a warrior stationed on the city ruins tile as it can be hit from the fog, and forks 2 cities. Hopefully, a c1 warrior fully fortified will get odds from being attacked across a river.

Any questions? /if someone can give info on how that barb flipping would work out, id appreciate it!
-Old Harry. PB48.

Nice post! I'll read more carefully in a minute, but to answer your immediate question, I believe that the moment our culture covers the barb tile, each turn we have a 10% chance of flipping it.

I'm getting that from Civfanatics and Scooter's PB76 thread where he flips with the music artist.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

My understanding is that Naufragar is correct, 10% per turn for a revolt and barbs will flip on the first revolt. It might start from the turn after you get culture though.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

The 10% depends on the ratio of your culture to theirs. If they get some, it will be less. Also I think garrison units subtract from the flip chance, although not sure exactly how much and if there's any difference in that for barbs.