As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New / Returning Players PB Game

Hi I'd like to play!

I haven't played a PB game before, but I played a few 1v1s in the past

(June 25th, 2024, 15:38)Miro Wrote: Hi I'd like to play!

I haven't played a PB game before, but I played a few 1v1s in the past

Welcome!

(June 13th, 2024, 11:05)Mjmd Wrote: As many of you know I try to do a greens game about once a year. This year I thought I would specifically also invite players who haven't played a pitboss game in a while, but haven't won one / done well in the past but want to give it another shot. 

I've had success making sure everyone gets a dedicated lurker in the past so you will have someone to help you out.

Mod will be CtH, which is designed to be "Close to Home". IE fixes a lot of major issues, but is pretty easy to transition from base as mostly sticks "Close to Home".
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...?tid=11060

Please note this is a long term commitment of multiple months requiring you to play a turn every day. We all realize life happens and when it does we just ask you post and ask for an extension.

Signups:
xist10 - maybe - with Fenn?
ricketyclik
Giraflorens
Coldrain - ded lurker Dreylin
Miro

Ded Lurkers:
civac2
Cairo

Map Maker:
Greenline

Etiquette thread:
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...p?tid=7311

"looks for my name"
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I actually had you under ded lurker, but then realized that after PB75 I probably shouldn't just put your name down places. I might get a thread name staring at me the entire time that way making me feel bad.

Superdeath, would you like to volunteer to be a ded lurker pretty please.

(June 25th, 2024, 20:57)Mjmd Wrote: I actually had you under ded lurker, but then realized that after PB75 I probably shouldn't just put your name down places. I might get a thread name staring at me the entire time that way making me feel bad.

Superdeath, would you like to volunteer to be a ded lurker pretty please.

The thread title is mostly in jest tongue

Im fine dedlurking. I cannot/DONT guarantee that its worth much, but i can maybe prevent major mistakes. Mostly if the player decides to post.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I'll sign up as a dedlurker. I've been a pretty shitty dedlurker in the past which is why I tended to avoid this position but maybe I should give myself a second go. I don't envy the poor soul who gets saddled up with me though.

Sign me up as a dedicated lurker.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

We are at 5 atm. Figure I'll give it another week of signups.

For those people very new to pitboss Naufraguar has a nice thread for beginners here
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/foru...hp?fid=367
supposedly; I'm not allowed to read it yet, but I trust him!

There is also an archive of past pitboss games here
https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/foru...hp?fid=287
Specifically I would take a look at PB61 and PB72 as those were the last two greens games and both were with CtH.

Is it a problem to play Pitboss on Linux?

(June 26th, 2024, 11:32)civac2 Wrote: Is it a problem to play Pitboss on Linux?

No. Works fine with wine so long as you have a graphics card less than 10 years old.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18