As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[no players] You're doing it wrong...the lurking thread

Shoot the Moon Wrote:Prescient much?

Often, this is Gaspar. Although I thought Seven got forest growths to get T41?

I'll laugh if Mack gets it on t40.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Sian's going to stop founding religions if this keeps up. alright
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm loving Xenu's thread, his whole outlook reminds me of a scene from Cold mountain:

Bosie: That's what you call a conundrum. I tell you what I've got on my side.
Inman: What have you got on your side?
Bosie: The confidence of youth.

Inexperience in this case, but I think it'll turn the same for both gun slingers.

Ceiliazul Wrote:I'm loving Xenu's thread, his whole outlook reminds me of a scene from Cold mountain:

Bosie: That's what you call a conundrum. I tell you what I've got on my side.
Inman: What have you got on your side?
Bosie: The confidence of youth.

Inexperience in this case, but I think it'll turn the same for both gun slingers.

Hah! Similar feeling. I forgot these greens are all insane, up to and including not scouting their entire homeland blobs. I predict dismay when Xenu realizes that Kuro has another set of horses.

Fun and entertaining read, though.

Does this mean Sian is safe for the time being?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:Does this mean Sian is safe for the time being?

Both cats seem to be brainstorming lots of big ideas that aren't all compatible... and war is just one of them. Also, Sian is showing himself to be a tough defender in other games. I think Sian is safe.

Of course he's a tough defender, he keeps getting wailed at lol

Huh, I really like Lewwyn's plans vs. the wonder races/kubuki shadow game going on with the rest of the vets. There is going to be at least one big loser there in the 'mids/Colossus/GLH races...and ironically, it's all going to be within a couple turns. Meanwhile, Lewwyn's wonder of "more workers and cities" will be producing very nicely for him.

For all that (and some excellent micro) his metagame grasp seems...shaky. He's attacking/choking Mack something fierce, and messing with Gaspelium...which leaves the putative favorites N7 cheerfully growing and fulfilling whatever microplan iteration they finally settle on.

Xenu would totally wreck the vets if somehow we could open a rift in spacetime. More violence, please.

Commodore Wrote:For all that (and some excellent micro) his metagame grasp seems...shaky.

He did offer peace to Mackoti, and said he'd stop by NO7 next. If he entered now they'd just change the micro plan. If he gets there in 8t, he might wll find them in a micro plan calibrated down to nearest Novice Micron... and mess them up more as a result.

One can hope anyway.

One developing showdown would be Mack's GLH-driven coastal push vs. No7's triremes. That would make settling the islands a load of fun (for lurkers!)

OleDavy is earning his keep as ded-lurk for NobGas. Nice post there.