As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Invitation to a huge world map PB

This question came up in civforum:

Quote:Hey guys over at Realms Beyond! [Image: huhu.gif]

If you're reading this, please fill out this questionnaire: [Image: biggrin1_s.gif]

- difficulty? deity/immortal/emperor
- gifting units (if recipient has required techs to build gifted unit)? yes/no
- goody huts? yes/no
- events? yes/no
- barbs? yes/no
- gifting cities (with referee's permission)? yes/no
- corporations? yes/no (we are talking about allowing modified corporations with less benefit)

Other settings that are pretty much set:
- 48h-Timer
- no diplo (no PM/chat, just diploscreen)
- archer (stays in capital until turn 100)
- no tech trading of any kind
- alliances off
- vasalls off
- no stealing techs, no switching of state religion/state civics via espionage
- no diplomatic victory (but Apo/UN may be built)
- leader pick: random
- map: modified version of PB 73 (can be found here)
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I think I'll sign up. A dedlurker would be really appreciated as well.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(October 31st, 2019, 09:11)Charriu Wrote: This question came up in civforum:

Quote:Hey guys over at Realms Beyond! [Image: huhu.gif]

If you're reading this, please fill out this questionnaire: [Image: biggrin1_s.gif]

- goody huts? yes/no
- events? yes/no - If they used a mod that took out the brokenly-good/bad ones... yes, otherwise NO.
- barbs? yes/no
- corporations? yes/no (we are talking about allowing modified corporations with less benefit)

Other settings that are pretty much set:
- 48h-Timer
- no diplo (no PM/chat, just diploscreen)
- archer (stays in capital until turn 100)
- no tech trading of any kind
- alliances off
- vassalls off
- no stealing techs, no switching of state religion/state civics via espionage
- no diplomatic victory (but Apo/UN may be built)
- leader pick: random
- map: modified version of PB 73 (can be found here)

Bolded my answers.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

My answers below (bolded) but no strong preference, definitely willing to go with majority. I do prefer barbarians turned on, which affects the difficulty preference.

- goody huts? yes/no
- events? yes/no
- barbs? yes/no

- goody huts? yes/no
- events? yes/no Same as superdeath, only yes if events have been modified to remove the broken ones
- barbs? yes/no

Just a minor update: 45 players registered, only 7 slots left. [Image: woohoo.gif]

(October 31st, 2019, 09:11)Charriu Wrote: This question came up in civforum:

Thanks for posting the vote.

OK, I cannot pass this up. Count me in!

- difficulty? Emperor
- gifting units (if recipient has required techs to build gifted unit)? Nope
- goody huts? No, too random
- events? No, too random
- barbs? sure - standard
- gifting cities (with referee's permission)? I'd say No, but would be interested in hearing its benefits from the host community
- corporations? (we are talking about allowing modified corporations with less benefit) No preference

Ive been reading some of the main thread ( yay google translate ) But im curious if anyone that can actually read it give any details on what they are actually discussing... as it seems like all im reading now is that some places are doomed on the map... and that seems a bit un-fun.. ect.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Last I checked they were discussing changes to the map and how balanced it was last time. Before that they were discussing rules around turn splits after a war declaration and when you are allowed to declare. I would have guessed that after so many games they found a common rule set like we have. But no they are discussing every small detail.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Would it be useful to give them a look at our pitboss etiquette thread? https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/show...#pid514180