As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] IT and issues thread

(February 2nd, 2020, 10:21)Elkad Wrote: Rule clarification please.

The starting Archer. (with Ambush promotion)

Must stay in the city proper?
Or must stay in my culture?

For example, could it move to protect a farm within my culture?
Or move to a different city of mine?

From what ive been told.. It must move with the settler before you settle, and then it stays in the capital for the first 100t. The Ambush promo is used to distinguish it from other archers that might be built.

Their meta gave us this archer for reasons. popcorn
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Someone mentioned at civforum.de that the last round was the first one  < 48h. Thanks 2metraninja smile

==========================================================

I want inform you guys that I planned a tiny mod update during the next weekend.

No major changes will be made, but the accumulated trivialities of the last few weeks will be.
- Graphs in the F9 demo screen better filterable. (Changes only useful if you can see many graphs.)
- New option: Enable resource icons after login. (Just for the story readers who missing the icons often.)
- Score list is set to suitable size at login. (Shrinks often on one line)
- Worldbuilder gets along better with Non-unicode characters.
- ModUpdater in main menu: Help text extended.
- ModUpdater in the main menu: Bug in the automatic search process fixed.

I want to do some more tests, but have already linked the new version on PBSpy.
As a player you probably don't have to do anything else than to start the update search on the week end just once in the game. (Or download the complete Mod from PBSpy.)

The Modversion was now updated. Please use the ingame updater (Game start + 2x Alt+Tab + ModUpdater in top right corner) Server or download & install the complete Zip manually here.

If you're unsure if everything works. Login first into the test game on port 2057. If this works, it will also works in PB88.

I can't login to the game with the new mod version. It tells me the Load Failed and closes the game telling me something about the save file being protected.

This happens both when using the provided modified EXEs and just vanilla BTS. I deleted the mod folder and replaced it manually just to ensure there weren't errant files messing with the checksum but that didn't fix the issue.

Did you download the Zip a few days ago? Then it was outdated.
Does it crash now during login or after the save file transfer?

Other players already confirmed that they can login with the provided file(s).

(February 17th, 2020, 04:19)Ramkhamhaeng Wrote: Did you download the Zip a few days ago? Then it was outdated.

Ah this ended up being it. I had downloaded the mod update a couple days ago but didn't think to redownload it when I went to install it following your message.

Redownloading it from the tracker page fixed everything, pay me no mind lol

I'm going to be away from Civ until Monday. Could a lurker log in and press one button next turn? (I've indicated which button in my thread.)
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

(February 20th, 2020, 20:51)naufragar Wrote: Could a lurker log in and press one button next turn?
Sure. nod

Thanks, LotC!
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

Servers are down I'm going to PM Ramk.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.