As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

LURKER THREAD- No Players

(December 20th, 2019, 13:01)The Black Sword Wrote: Yeah, overall we are very similar(and perhaps the same), I was interested in the edge cases. Here's an example situation:

Someone is about to complete a Granary while the food box is 24/24. Can I tell him to turn on the Avoid Growth button to gain extra food?

On RB the answer would be no, I can't. However, if the player explicitly asked the lurkers to explain the Granary and Avoid Growth mechanics, we could do that.

I'm curious if you guys would expect the same behaviour from lurkers in those situations?

Yes, such unrequested comments about game mechanics are allowed.
I wouldn't value this critical because most comments of this kind are done in retrospect and if not: It mostly helps inexperienced players.

Civforum-people,

any recommendations who to lurk at your site? Either due to quality reporting or quality play, optimally both mischief Might as well refresh my German and learn if your meta is very different compared to RB
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(December 22nd, 2019, 17:06)Fintourist Wrote: Civforum-people,

any recommendations who to lurk at your site? Either due to quality reporting or quality play, optimally both mischief Might as well refresh my German and learn if your meta is very different compared to RB

With no respect to language difficulties I recommend as cross section the following stories.

The horde of Kendo-Kahn (Mongke Kahn & Kendogan)
Two totally inexperienced players, but with nice comic strips and trash talk.
They started nearby 2metraninja. And commenting this with the following image.
Translation of the last panel:
PB 81: Warrior Rush,
PB83: War Chariot Rush,
PB87: Archer Rush,
I discover a pattern, Kendogan…!

[Image: f18e6b-1579004774.png]

Coco in Babylon (CocoRico)
An other, stronger, player nearby an other RB player.

The two winners of the last big game:
Ragnaaaaaar! (Jesper Portus)
This guy is no micromanagement perfectionist, but reads the game well. If he survived the starting he often won games.

A little bit of horror show (Kaffeesatzleser)
Strongest player in this small list. Due the starting position, the story is currently boring, but probably interesting later.

Thanks!

I guess you are not creating general lurker threads at your forum?

Let us know again next time when you have such a big epic game coming up. I don't think I would manage to play here at RB without try-harding, but a bit more relaxed guest appearance sounds tempting..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Seeing Joao's start, man if he doesnt win then he screwed up hard somewhere.

(January 18th, 2020, 09:43)Fintourist Wrote: Thanks!

I guess you are not creating general lurker threads at your forum?

Let us know again next time when you have such a big epic game coming up. I don't think I would manage to play here at RB without try-harding, but a bit more relaxed guest appearance sounds tempting..

https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?109918-88-jetzt-mit-V%F6lkerwanderung-(Zuschauerfaden)

I guess you mean something like this one?

popcorn  Elkad getting all kinds of spicy. Hopefully means we get more reporting.

Well, Fimi looks up a creek without a paddle. Looks like his horses are at the second city, forward, second ring, and unconnected.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Why did Elkad build a spear at this stage? Seems like should just be pure axes at this point.

(April 7th, 2020, 22:37)Mjmd Wrote: Why did Elkad build a spear at this stage? Seems like should just be pure axes at this point.

I assume safety just incase of chariots