As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Er, got me there...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Managed to fix it and connect to both of the pitbosses! jive My mod folders did not have proper rights or something.. Now let the games begin!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Hey, no slight to Plako's amazing work, but OverloadUT replied to me:

OverloadUT Wrote:Hey there - I got your tweet! I uploaded a new version of the CivStats Uploader here:
http://civstats.com/downloads/CivSta...er_1.5.3.0.zip

However, please note that this is completely untested. I literally searched the code for "32", found a "Players" array defined as such, and changed it to 64. I haven't touched this code in 6 years (!!!) and I was honestly super surprised that it just compiled with no issues.

So, please let me know if it works!

I also updated the Readme with an email that actually works these days

Well that is pretty fantastic. Thanks WLP for tracking him down thumbsup. Guess the next step is for Caledorn to try it out and see if he can make it work that way?

Awesome. Now Catwalk stop even thinking about missing the most epic pitboss game ever! crazyeye
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

That is great! Let's try it out.

I did whip up a quick webapp to display plako's logs - here's the code:
https://github.com/novice-rb/pitboss-portal/
I have to run.

Here's a link to a built version of said webapp if Caledorn wants to try out hosting such an app.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...portal.zip

1. Unzip to inetpub\wwwroot\pitboss-portal folder
2. Edit web.config file with correct paths to time.txt and score.txt (or leave unchanged to use test data)
3. Open IIS Administrator, browser to the pitboss-portal folder, right-click, create application.
I have to run.

(March 14th, 2014, 13:32)WilliamLP Wrote: Hey, no slight to Plako's amazing work, but OverloadUT replied to me:

OverloadUT Wrote:Hey there - I got your tweet! I uploaded a new version of the CivStats Uploader here:
http://civstats.com/downloads/CivSta...er_1.5.3.0.zip

However, please note that this is completely untested. I literally searched the code for "32", found a "Players" array defined as such, and changed it to 64. I haven't touched this code in 6 years (!!!) and I was honestly super surprised that it just compiled with no issues.

So, please let me know if it works!

I also updated the Readme with an email that actually works these days

Sorry, but that didn't work. I immediately got an error message after selecting the pitboss.exe file that states:

Line 5713 (File "my/path/to/CivStatsUploader.exe"):

Error: Variable used without being declared.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Maybe, as someone who has zero understanding of these things, maybe I'm not seeing the insane amount of work I'm talking about, but I think Plako's idea is fine, at least for mod games?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(March 14th, 2014, 14:16)Krill Wrote: Maybe, as someone who has zero understanding of these things, maybe I'm not seeing the insane amount of work I'm talking about, but I think Plako's idea is fine, at least for mod games?

It works for me, but I can't test that yet. I just wanted to test the Civstats thing since that was readily available for me to test smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"