As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

Interesting stats. How many people have won a game at all?

According to the Steam achievement stats, more than 20% have never popped a ruin and more than 25% have never founded a 2nd city. But a number of those might be playing with mods, therefore disabling achievements.

(January 29th, 2014, 21:55)Azza Wrote: According to the Steam achievement stats, more than 20% have never popped a ruin and more than 25% have never founded a 2nd city. But a number of those might be playing with mods, therefore disabling achievements.

Maybe a few players yeah, but I think a lot of em bought the game from a sale and it's just sitting on their account. Steam sales are notorious for making that happen and Civ5 is highly regarded amongst the masses and often recommended.

If you play in offline mode the achievements aren't counted either (that at least was true when Civ5 released).

Remember too that we are the exceptions in the Civilization playerbase, not the rule. When I was working with Firaxis on Civ4, we had a number floating around that more than half of the players would never try anything other than Chieftain difficulty. We think of something like Prince difficulty being "low" or "easy", and yet someone who can beat that would likely be around the 85th to 90th percentile in terms of the whole playerbase. I'm sure that Civ5 is no different.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

I am A GOD at Civ compared to the filthy casuals, just let THAT sink in!! lol

I never won a Civ 5 game, though I played quite a few starts. I never had the will to reach a victory condition, always leaving when I felt the game was already won (there's also the fact that my notebook can't really ahndle the modern era turns). So, I'm a bit guilty of the bad statistics. lol

Oh, I pointed this out years ago. crazyeye I just want to point out, again, that the review score should reflect how 90% of people experience the game. So taking off any points for the 'carpet of doom' and other issues does not make any sense at all. That or it does not make sense to give out review scores at all because how good a game is depends on the person playing it. I would say the same for movies too (Transformers?).

And due to the 'level 2' bug all difficulty levels of Civ5 are around 2 higher. This was not fixed ever. However, the game is around 2 levels easier because the AI is severely hampered by 1upt so the stats end up the same.

humblebundle.com

15 dollars for: Civ5 with all expansions, Civ4 complete edition, Civ3 complete edition, Ace Patrol, and Railroads.

Sid Meier franchises are about as opposite from "humble" as one can get. smile

Ace Patrol is in there, has anyone played that? Any good?