As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(March 14th, 2014, 19:24)novice Wrote: I updated the web app to display the file formats described by plako.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1521...portal.zip

This is what it looks like:

Novice. This looks great. I'm finally happy for the behavior of logging system so I've sent it now to Krill and we'll probably soon get new version of the mod that could be used to really fire this game up.

Download of mod for testing. This includes the fixes Plako implemented to create the civstats information.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(March 14th, 2014, 19:38)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
From the Civstats FAQ Wrote:Q: Isn't it unfair to allow players to see exactly when other players are logging in? Combined with being able to tell when scores increase you can even tell when two players make a trade!
A: My reasoning is this: The information that's available on civstats.com is the same information that someone could get by just staying logged in to the server and watching. They could see when people log in, and when people's score increases. This means that the unemployed guy that does nothing but log in every hour to check up gets an advantage over the players that can only log in once per day to play their turn. I find that by making the information available to everybody it prevents this slight advantage that a more... jobless person might get. You can tell when two players conduct a technology trade because both of their scores go up at the same time. But then again, you can get that exact same information (even more actually) by closely watching the foreign advisor.

It can be a time equalizer, if we were dealing with the alleged jobless Civ player who camps the game all day. But I don't know if it's worth the trouble worrying over. However, I say this as someone who doesn't do a lot of in depth C&D work as the game goes on, people who like digging into the kind of information Civstats provides may disagree. And I'll admit that kind of information can certainly be helpful to have, but I don't think it's necessary for us to play the game.

As long as we're able to police wartime turn splits and detect double move situations, I think that's all the information we need to have.

I would like to see the score in the event log but I can see the point made above. Maybe a compromise is that the player score is only updated in the event log when they disconnect?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

My current understanding that we're going to need to replay turn 0 is correct, right? Or should I be logging into/out of the game to check for turn rolls atm.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Game had to be restarted and you need the new mod.

Yeah, and I'd guess we'll all need to install a new version of RB mod too?

(March 15th, 2014, 16:45)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(March 14th, 2014, 19:38)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
From the Civstats FAQ Wrote:..
I think one of the benefits of seeing the score changes is that it makes it easier to solve possible double move controversies when it really counts, namely in conflicts where cities change hands and people whip etc.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(March 15th, 2014, 17:19)Old Harry Wrote: Yeah, and I'd guess we'll all need to install a new version of RB mod too?

Won't we need... just one mod? I hope? I'm just gonna wait for this all to get sorted out, and hopefully no one will have any technical problems after the restart... ha ha.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

Wait, people have been playing all this time?

(March 15th, 2014, 18:04)Jowy Wrote: Wait, people have been playing all this time?

It's turn 1 now, so max 2 scout & settler moves. And obviously you need to repeat the same actions.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3