As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Lurkers][no players] Gods & Kings? More like Clods & Dings

Feed the paranoia beast.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

We probably should not let davy see azza's start.
Yeah, I'm not happy about my past behaviour either. shakehead

Just to add to the paranoia, I'll call here for T-Hawk's tag to be changed from "penultimate boss" to "Civ 5's 'pedia" with all the good mechanics info he's given everybody.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Also, made a proposal to Ichabod for him to declare war on pindicator for 25 turns (IIRC) of Salt. I imagine a 2 front war will drive pindicator to sign peace once the forced 10 turns at war are up. --Azza

This seems like something an AI would do... I don't think it's worth DOW someone for a slight happen bump as people need to irrationally angry when declared on. We will see... twirl

(May 23rd, 2013, 04:29)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Also, made a proposal to Ichabod for him to declare war on pindicator for 25 turns (IIRC) of Salt. I imagine a 2 front war will drive pindicator to sign peace once the forced 10 turns at war are up. --Azza

This seems like something an AI would do... I don't think it's worth DOW someone for a slight happen bump as people need to irrationally angry when declared on. We will see... twirl

Only for the Salt it would be useless (especially as Ichabod plans to settle and get his own salt soon). But a 2-way war might give a chance to take the capital and that would be a nice price smile

So guys... Do you think that the city Jowy just founded is fucked or not? It's right next to Serdoa, who plans to attack it, with out any support. I find it amusing that people complain about AI's being angry when you found a city right next to them when a human would almost always do the same thing... (I'm not including when the mechanic bugs out--I'm only counting when it works as intended. It bugs out sometimes because the AI calculates closeness by how close the city is to the capital only--leading to some strange results sometimes...)

What does Serdoa have to attack it with? He hasn't said anything about what he's built lately and there's only a couple units visible in the screenshot.

The coastal geometry makes Jowy's Novac tough to attack. Serdoa could only get about three, maybe four units in range shooting. Cities are harder to capture than you might think. If Jowy has the money to buy two archers or maybe even just one, it will hold.

(May 31st, 2013, 13:51)T-hawk Wrote: What does Serdoa have to attack it with? He hasn't said anything about what he's built lately and there's only a couple units visible in the screenshot.

The coastal geometry makes Jowy's Novac tough to attack. Serdoa could only get about three, maybe four units in range shooting. Cities are harder to capture than you might think. If Jowy has the money to buy two archers or maybe even just one, it will hold.

Ya if he can buy two archers the city will hold. He has a Warrior in the area too. The mountain will be seriously bad news for Serdoa to.

Edit: So can we take bets on weather or not the city is going down? I think Jowy will hold back the initial attack from Serdoa. But that city is doomed because Dave will have an easy chance to attack a weak neighbor. And with Dave's crappy start he is bound to take that chance (let's have a little fun before we lose!). Dave thinks that city is fucked and Serdoa gets a free city.

Edit 2: "That has got to be one of the biggest fuck you city plants I've ever seen."--Dave lol

Whether it will hold depends on who brings enough force, which we can't predict. The minimum attack is three catapults. If Serdoa brings that and Jowy still hasn't defended, the city will fall.

And now I see a second archer isn't much help on defense: it couldn't reach attacking units from behind the city, and if it walked out to the cow, it would get one shot then get killed. Jowy needs one archer in the city and WALLS to defend here. I think that would hold against three catapults but not four.

davy also pointed out to use a trireme to capture the city. I missed that, thinking that it would be difficult to get a melee unit in range for the capture. Don't know if Serdoa will think of it.

Anyway, I don't think it's right for Serdoa to go attacking yet anyway. Why spend at least 225 hammers of catapults for a city when you could spend 100 for a settler instead?

(June 1st, 2013, 16:56)Kurumi Wrote: It might be hilarious at first, but your city might be in grave danger some day - it is a huge target for both oledavy and Serdoa, protect it well Jowy.

KHHAAAAAAAAAAN

(This is about Kurumi's spoilerish posts. I don't think the damage is note able as the city plant was an obvious "fuck you" as Dave said. And Serdoa is smart enough to consider just building a settler.)