As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Other stuff

(September 16th, 2019, 14:38)Charriu Wrote: For example it's just more efficient to organize everything tank related under one organization then letting 28 organizations do the same.

Efficiency does not scale for bureaucracy, instead the reverse tends to hold. In particular, expecting the organisation that produced the butter mountain and the wine lake to be efficient is hilarious.

(September 16th, 2019, 23:44)ipecac Wrote:
Quote:About Macron, I never had the feeling that he wanted to create a superpower, but rather fix some fundamental flaws and problems within the EU. Yes, he proposed a joint defensive organization between the EU members, but I always understood that as a way to better coordinate and finance all those armies. For example it's just more efficient to organize everything tank related under one organization then letting 28 organizations do the same.

The proper end of this logic, based on ever-increasing 'efficiencies' and 'optimisations' is central government. Centralised economic policy, centralised law, soon-to-be centralised army.

I don't have a problem with that. Some things are better centralized organized and others decentralized. And I need to iterate that again, that even a centralized and more effiencent army does not make the EU a military superpower.

(September 20th, 2019, 14:33)ipecac Wrote:
(September 16th, 2019, 14:38)Charriu Wrote: For example it's just more efficient to organize everything tank related under one organization then letting 28 organizations do the same.

Efficiency does not scale for bureaucracy, instead the reverse tends to hold. In particular, expecting the organisation that produced the butter mountain and the wine lake to be efficient is hilarious.

By that logic it would also be better if every single state of the USA organizes their own army, air force and navy, right?
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Er, National Guard?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yes that's right, but they are part of the reserve and not the more active part of the army, air force and navy, that I was referring too.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(September 20th, 2019, 15:42)Charriu Wrote: I don't have a problem with that. Some things are better centralized organized and others decentralized

After the EU Army there will be centralised police and surveillance. "There's so many terrorists among the hordes we let in, so much inter-ethnic conflict arising, and it's challenging to track them all down with open borders. We need a EU police, it will be more efficient and optimal.

Quote:By that logic it would also be better if every single state of the USA organizes their own army, air force and navy, right?

A lot less money and resources would be wasted.

For the Canadians out there.

Advance polling for the Federal Election has begun today, and will continue over the weekend and Monday Oct 14 9am to 9pm at advance polling stations (locations: https://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx?s...dex&lang=e). Election day is Monday Oct 21. You can also vote at any Elections Canada office until 6pm on Tuesday Oct 15. Which is also the deadline for applying for postal voting.

So no reason not to vote smile

NPD+LIB>50%. Only reason why CONs are competitive is vote-splitting. If Trudeau is smart he'll implement ranked-choice ballot or a two-round system so he can be PM for life.

He wanted Ranked Choice ballot (or something similar like STV) but the NDP were opposed to it (they want MMP) during the committee (a committee that the Liberals didn't have a majority on) and voted with the Conservatives on that recommendation. Also, I lived through the failed referendum on PR in BC last year, and I have doubts that a nation-wide vote would do better than that. I don't like that the Liberals didn't follow through, but I understand why.

But I agree that if they do end up in a coalition, that would be the Liberals best way to stay in power. implement electoral reform and just stay in coalition with the NDP for a very long time.

Well, the result was what I expected, a Liberal minority, but the seat count was better than I expected for the Liberals. The Liberals and NDP still have the seats to command a majority, but I was kinda hoping for more of that majority to be NDP.
Bloc is probably a flash in the pan, I expect Trudeau to go a lot harder on environmental stuff which will sap BQ support, and going from Blanchet's speech he might go a lot more into Sovereigntist territory, which will turn a lot of younger people off of him. I think this government will last at least 2 years, but probably go the full 4, and that the Liberals will improve their seat count in the next election.

Quote:MADRID (Reuters) - Far-right Vox became the third-largest party in Spain's parliament in a national election on Sunday, winning 52 seats, up from 24 at its debut in April.

The April election was the first time a far-right party won more than one seat since Spain returned to democracy in the 1970s.

NEWCOMER RISING FAST

Founded in 2013 by former members of the mainstream conservative People's Party, Vox is anti-Muslim, nationalist, anti-feminist, Eurosceptic, socially conservative, economically liberal, and staunchly pro-Spanish unity.

It got its first foothold in office last December, winning 12 parliamentary seats in a regional election in Andalusia.

Nationalism rises.