As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

(Spoilers) Churchill's Old General Death

WE FINALLY GET TO TURN 5!

[Image: 6n4VeT4.jpg]

And the long time holding our breath to see if Coco would attempt to smack our warrior, and it turns out he didnt! He had decent odds being AGG however, we could have responded with Archery- PRO/CHA archers and been a real pain to deal with.

Borders pop next turn so maybe we can see a fish to our north-east? Please?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

As said I've been reading a bit on civforum, particularly on the prequel game. Coco played in that one as China. He got involved in long early wars, which he ultimately seems to have won, but was delayed enough and gained so little that he was out of the running. He survived mostly intact as a vassal of the Byzantine against Mongolia. He's also quite active as a lurker. I'd expect him to be competent and not a pushover, but probably not top tier

(January 5th, 2020, 06:29)Miguelito Wrote: As said I've been reading a bit on civforum, particularly on the prequel game. Coco played in that one as China. He got involved in long early wars, which he ultimately seems to have won, but was delayed enough and gained so little that he was out of the running.  He survived mostly intact as a vassal of the Byzantine against Mongolia. He's also quite active as a lurker. I'd expect him to be competent and not a pushover, but probably not top tier

Thanks for the info!

[Image: M3Vwl5k.jpg]

Incase OH wants to try and do any HUGE tracking lol.

[Image: uscyU1F.jpg]

Moved NE as that would reveal as many coastal tiles as possible .... and yay a fish! But no hill to settle on for it.

[Image: EpBKuyY.jpg]

Borders popped and revealed... ANOTHER fish! That, looks like a nice 2nd/3rd city spot. So much foooood
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

If this is really Argentina, the south (and west?) might be a safe backline, so you could grab as much as possible to the north first, then fill up the south? Would need a scout to confirm the empty patagonia of course.

If this map is like the one from the previous game then Patagonia will be covered in impenetrable ice. frown Your suggestion of going north first and then back-filling is good though, except that the dry, barren plains we're faced with would be horrible to plant a second city on.

Hopefully there's a nice site just north of the peaks, but I'm not holding my breath.

(January 9th, 2020, 07:52)Old Harry Wrote: If this map is like the one from the previous game then Patagonia will be covered in impenetrable ice. frown

This was a bug on the previous map only.

I haven't really been following, should I read the google hangout?
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Probably. Thats where most of the random thoughts are.
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: y7Mj89P.jpg]

All i want to say about finding this kinda stuff near his capital, is that our west better look the same.

[Image: YJN4ydO.jpg]

So far, i think we have one decent city planned out? All our plans will probably be put to the test if a random bear shows up though.
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: oWCkAj1.jpg]

Quick update, WE FOUND CORN. dancing 

[Image: AHdpkoT.jpg]
Demos for anyone trying to be a hero and see what everyone and their mother is doing
-Old Harry. PB48.