As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] IT and issues thread

Server is back online.

It was a NullPointer-Exception shortly after your login. Error occurs now tree times in this game.

-more ranting about there being multiple people not finishing there turns this early in the game-

smile
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(February 27th, 2020, 01:37)superdeath Wrote: -more ranting about there being multiple people not finishing there turns this early in the game-

smile

I understand stuff happens.  Hell, I held up 46 yesterday.  But the turn here can literally be done in a few seconds.
What happens when the people who miss half the turns need to make actual decisions, like when an axe stack wanders into their land?

(February 27th, 2020, 07:27)Elkad Wrote:
(February 27th, 2020, 01:37)superdeath Wrote: -more ranting about there being multiple people not finishing there turns this early in the game-

smile

I understand stuff happens.  Hell, I held up 46 yesterday.  But the turn here can literally be done in a few seconds.
What happens when the people who miss half the turns need to make actual decisions, like when an axe stack wanders into their land?

The same as right now, we use the full 48 hours.

(February 27th, 2020, 07:37)Meiz Wrote: The same as right now, we use the full 48 hours.
I'm referring more to the fact that if they can't bother to login, someone will get an easy conquest on an AFK player.

(February 27th, 2020, 07:37)Meiz Wrote:
(February 27th, 2020, 07:27)Elkad Wrote:

smile

The same as right now, we use the full 48 hours.

Using the full 48hrs is frankly... hilarious in itself. Outside of turn splits/bouncing off of someone that is AFK in the game... shouldnt be a reason to use the full 48hrs. Let alone 2-5 people EVERY SINGLE TURN missing the turn. Thats just... embarrassing. I wish i had known the turn pace/players would be like this going into this game lol.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

This pitboss really brings out the PYFT in me.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Anything new happened or just the usual 'Marathon' game speed
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Just the usual, but Quarantine everywhere ( pretty much? ) plus 48hr turn, with 2hrs to go right now.. and 3 players YET TO PLAY. Doesnt keep my spirits/hopes up for this game all that well. Not that learning some of the ass-backwards rules they have didnt already do that... but /shrug.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Gah.

I expect 52 players to run right up against the timer most turns.
But we made it this time- we'd roll 6 hours early. Or would have, if people would hit END TURN.
(person in this case. played 24 hours ago. In for several minutes and whipped.)