As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Gavagai, Bacchus and Elizabeth Form a Romantic Trio

TGL is banned.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

The Great Lighthouse is banned. The Great Library is not.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Damn abbreviations!

Problem of two city spots:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG]

I will have a settler ready in the capital and will need to, basically, decide between this two spots.
Cow spot is, of course, strictly better in terms of growth speed and can become a decent hybrid city mid-term. Banana city has an excellent long-term potential as a military city which I kinda need in this area. Cow spot is very far and, hence, requires more worker labor to connect it (but less to improve as it has less jungles). Also it pretty clearly violates Sian's sphere of interest, so I will have to bring more units. But I can't bring enough to withstand a dedicated attack and at this distance moving up reinforcements from the core is pretty much out of the question. It makes this move risky and, possibly, reckless. Also from metagaming perspective I would prefer Sian to feel my front safe and to concentrate his attention on Slowcheetah.

Frankly speaking, I can't understand why Sian ignores this spot and instead prefers to settle in places like this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG]

Or may be he already has a city there and I just happened to miss it somehow. Actually, this is a very possible scenario, as I started to see after I wrote it. Because, really, who would ignore such a spot?
Anyway, if this spot is occupied, than I have no choice but to settle Banana. This is a decent spot, actually; the only shortcoming is that there will be a lag between the turn I will settle this city and the turn I will have Calendar to improve banana. It will be only a few turns and I may have not enough workers anyway but still annoying. I may move this city 1S and make it a Rice city. But it will orphane some good tiles in the north.

Also, this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0099.JPG]

It looks like Jester is going to bring his settler here to take pigs. Just when I started to consider doing it myself...

It looks like that Serdoa has completed the Colossus. Don't know what to say, really, it would pretty tough for anyone but him to win this game.

You reckon he is playing SimCity somewhere out on his own? Can you post the TOP5 cities?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG]

The Great Wall?

(September 7th, 2013, 16:04)Bacchus Wrote: The Great Wall?

Sian has built it for some reason.