As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(November 12th, 2013, 13:48)WilliamLP Wrote: I admit the subjectivity of that does confuse me sometimes! It's not obvious, not knowing the precedent of other PB games, that if someone attacks me by surprise late in the turn, that logging on and whipping is a dastardly thing to do or a double move, but I think it's considered so.

Well, I think that's a grey area. Because if whipping after somebody plays and claiming the 2nd half as a defender is not allowed it also encourages slightly dickish, "let's wait until he has played so that he can't react anymore" -thinking.

It's really a big disadvantage for a defender to have the 1st part of the turn. In practise it destroys the possibility of emergency whips when someone moves within an attacking distance of your city.

I would not mind a ruleset where the opening war move has to be done during the first 12 hours of the turn and defender always has a right to 2nd half. (But I also do realize some of the problems related to this kind of a structure..)((And I also do realize that the game has already started and "rules" are set..))
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Keep it simple. No extra rules needed. These games are better when you don't think too much what others are doing and just concentrate your "don't be a jerk" efforts on yourself.

Based on civstats, I'd say everything has gone as it should. Someone might have played close to the end of the timer few turns, but that someone didn't intentionally delay turn rolling so all is good in my book.

(November 12th, 2013, 12:36)mostly_harmless Wrote: Can someone please point me towards the ruleset, especially regarding timer split in war?

mh

Specifically, this is defined depending on whether during the initial attacking turn, if the team doing the attacking (Team A) is attacking after or before the team doing the defending (Team B). If Team A attacks after Team B has ended their turn, then from there on out, the turn order should be Team B -> Team A until the conclusion of the war. Otherwise, if Team A attacks before Team B has ended their turn, then Team B will get to play their turn after Team A has finished their turn, and from there on the order will be Team A -> Team B until the conclusion of the war.

I would also rule that this split primarily applies to anything like unit movement or whipping units or anything else that directly affects the war, if you plan to do any of that you have to do it during your half of the timer, and signify that you're done when you end turn. If you need to log in to check on a diplo message or change your research or something I would rule that that is okay to do when it isn't your half, since it doesn't directly affect the conflict.

The "Don't be a dick" part means to not to do any of there changes to your civ while it is not your part of the turn to play, and not to do things like play the majority of your turn and then not end it to mess up the other player's schedule.

If there are any other questions or clarifications you would want me to make as game admin gladly do so here or over PM, but try not to overdiscuss it here because in doing so people might bring out or reveal aspects of the game other players wouldn't know and that's against the "AI Diplo Only" part of the game setup.

Azza+Slowchetach. Did you just forget to end turn?

hmm. i guess we should pause it..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Both of them have logged in during the turn though..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I think Azza only logged in for a minute. We probably should pause, rather this than reload.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

I paused.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Paising is almost always faster than a reload. Thanls for pausing bacchus
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(November 14th, 2013, 13:34)Bacchus Wrote: I think Azza only logged in for a minute. We probably should pause, rather this than reload.

Thanks for the pause.

slowcheetah has ~5 mins on the clock.