As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Invitation to a huge world map PB

@Elkad the answer to the random question is:

Mond
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I think i recall seeing that "experienced" players will be randomly given one of the harder civs, and more "new" players given the better ones... is this still true?

Because, i kinda either want to be isolated, or start in europe <3
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Last thing I found is that they will pick civs by random. With the amount of new unknown players it is the best way

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

The problem is.... How do you rate the "experience" or "strength" of 52 players? Especially if there are Players you don't even know smile

I think a game with 52 players is never "fair" balanced.

FYI. The last player signed up. It's a full game of 52 now.

Buy me a coffee

Unbelievable.... Common opinion was, that you can't get the revival going because of top few players in cIV

I never doubted that. At least here at RB, Civ 4 is still going strong. Currently we are running 5 PBs parallel and our last bigger game - PB38 - wasn't that long ago.

But to be fair at least one player is playing in every single one of those PBs. :P

Buy me a coffee

Yeah.. . Certain players run different PB. But 52 players and even more because of the teams is... impressive

I’ll dedlurk someone who plans on reporting on RB. I’ll be able to cover occasional turns as well

This was posted on their forum for us at RB to vote on as well. ( slightly different than before )

difficulty? deity/immortal/emperor
gifting units? yes, unrestricted/yes, but only non-combat units/yes, if recipient has required techs to build gifted unit/no
goody huts? yes/no
events? yes/no
barbs? yes/no
gifting cities (with referee's permission)? yes/no
corporations? yes/yes, but mitigated/no
nuclear weapons? yes/ICBM no, tactical nuke yes/no
start? with settler/with capital
moving capital after spaceship launch? yes/no-------------------------->uhhh what?
Civilisations? (mostly) accurate positions on worldmap/random

Spoiler- clean version
difficulty? deity/immortal/emperor
gifting units? yes, unrestricted/yes, but only non-combat units/yes, if recipient has required techs to build gifted unit/no
goody huts? yes/no
events? yes/no
barbs? yes/no
gifting cities (with referee's permission)? yes/no
corporations? yes/yes, but mitigated/no
nuclear weapons? yes/ICBM no, tactical nuke yes/no
start? with settler/with capital
moving capital after spaceship launch? yes/no
Civilisations? (mostly) accurate positions on worldmap/random 
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.