As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

(Spoilers) Churchill's Old General Death

[Image: pC2rcXC.jpg]

First barb animal found.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: um7YWWs.jpg]

Checking with OH/GKC, is this the order of what we want to build. Along with Agriculture-BW?

[Image: WSCtnqi.jpg]

More plains tiles.. but i DO spy a river.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Looks good. We need bw by t25, so you can check that next turn.

On exploration - I'm tempted to go SW-S and on down the hills - losing the warrior on the flat ground the other side of the peaks before we find a good second city site would be annoying.

[Image: v7tln87.jpg]

[Image: Gd7je5C.jpg]

Discovered a nice bit of land beyond the mountain range. Im curious how close our next neighbor is.

[Image: clW8ZJe.jpg]

Balto the wolf will most likely attack and die to the warrior. Go south, for the easy route... or nw-sw to see if anyone has claims to that amazing area so far?
-Old Harry. PB48.

So a small development has happened which i want all RB players to know: So long as your double move doesnt end up declaring war THAT turn, everything is fine and dandy no matter what was gained from the double move to begin with.

First correspondence with Lord of the Civ:
 hello! Question for you guys. What are your rules on double moving in regards to war declarations? In the spoiler is a pic for reference:

[Image: nLNsQS8.jpg]

CR/coco of babylon double moved his warrior thru fog and onto a tile where he can threaten our worker. The worker continued farming as i wasnt expecting a double moved warrior to be next to our worker this turn. I had moved my warrior ( up north ) as that was my only "planned" move this turn.  Is his double move into 99% likelyhood of a war declaration... legal? If so, im going to move the worker away next turn before he plays as that would also be legal.

Thanks for your input.  

His response:

superdeath Wrote: Wrote:CR/coco of babylon double moved his warrior thru fog and onto a tile where he can threaten our worker. The worker continued farming as i wasnt expecting a double moved warrior to be next to our worker this turn. I had moved my warrior ( up north ) as that was my only "planned" move this turn.  Is his double move into 99% likelyhood of a war declaration... legal? If so, im going to move the worker away next turn before he plays as that would also be legal.
Generally speaking the attacker has to make sure his units weren't moved in a double move in the turn of the war declaration and one turn before that.

So in this case if Coco decided to declare war next turn (= turn 15) we have to look at the turn order in turn 14 (= the turn before war): Coco logged in first, finished his turn and logged out. (Then he logged in and out again, but that's irrelevant, because it's before you logged in.) Then you logged in, finished your turn and logged out.

So if Coco wants to declare war in turn 15 he could choose to move his units before or after you, since you've played at least once between his turns (what happened before turn 14 is irrelevant).
You on the other hand can log in whenever you like, since the (potential) defender is not obligated to follow a turn order (until war is actually declared ingame, which hasn't happened yet).

In short: Coco can declare war in turn 15 before or after your turn. Without a war declaration you can play your turn whenever you like.

Hope that clears it up.

Greetings

So im basically forced to camp the clock and be logged in during the turn roll. ( CoCo/Babylon had already gotten vision on my capital, so this was deliberate )

popcorn
-Old Harry. PB48.

Kind of BS tbh.
Also, this situation is what the starting archer should be preventing, but nope, can't move it.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Yeah.. i bit my tongue on the reply. Supposedly an earlier lurker had mentioned that someone had told this babylon player about me. Apparently not enough about me.

hammer hammer hammer whip whip whip
-Old Harry. PB48.

I guess Babylon started on a warrior after their worker, so sending ours to return the favour won't get us anywhere.

Can our warrior get to the gold before his can? I guess our game is hooking the crab, getting bw, hunting, archery and whipping out enough archers to choke him to death before he hooks his copper...

(January 26th, 2020, 02:48)Old Harry Wrote: I guess Babylon started on a warrior after their worker, so sending ours to return the favour won't get us anywhere.

Can our warrior get to the gold before his can? I guess our game is hooking the crab, getting bw, hunting, archery and whipping out enough archers to choke him to death before he hooks his copper...

Thats what you are guessing? Would hate to be early-trolled by AGG warriors choking us...

What do we do if he just sits on the corn or follows the worker around? Swap to hunting/archery? So many bad thoughts towards this babylon player right now.
-Old Harry. PB48.

[Image: m3RlFM6.jpg]

Graphs for OH/others to check out and do their thing:

[Image: wx7x4IH.jpg]
[Image: UcsD7iB.jpg]
[Image: SZnsluC.jpg]
[Image: rhbDm7N.jpg]

[Image: hnwojpa.jpg]
Worker retreated, warrior moved and found an incense.. Yay?

My prediction: Babylon teched mining, and is headed for BW as well. MAYBE we have horses...
-Old Harry. PB48.