As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Random idea: Now that we have our own "civstats"... Would it be possible that in addition to "new turn mail" it would also send a "PYFT" message to everyone, who has not played when there is 5/3/1 hour left in the timer? tongue
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Feature creep request: Sort the player list by descending score. I want to glance and see who is most skilled at popping huts.

(March 30th, 2014, 13:57)WilliamLP Wrote: Feature creep request: Sort the player list by descending score. I want to glance and see who is most skilled at popping huts.

You should already have your answer there. shhh

When are you guys going to submit your bill for all of this project development? lol

While we are talking about scope creep ... can we get the log to include the team / player number. Commodore appears twice in the log and it is unclear what is going on.

[Image: TwoCommodores.png]
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(March 30th, 2014, 17:03)Ruff_Hi Wrote: While we are talking about scope creep ... can we get the log to include the team / player number. Commodore appears twice in the log and it is unclear what is going on.

[Image: TwoCommodores.png]

Commodore played a turn for someone as well as the lurker civ and both received a score increase EoT.

(March 30th, 2014, 13:53)Fintourist Wrote: Random idea: Now that we have our own "civstats"... Would it be possible that in addition to "new turn mail" it would also send a "PYFT" message to everyone, who has not played when there is 5/3/1 hour left in the timer? tongue

This is a lot harder than a new turn mail, because the timer dropping below 5 hours is not an in-game event. You would have to tie it to a real event like someone ending turn, but then you'd either send out an email every time someone ends turn and there is < x hours on the clock, or you'd have to introduce state to keep track of whether you've already sent the relevant email for the current turn.

(March 30th, 2014, 17:53)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Commodore played a turn for someone as well as the lurker civ and both received a score increase EoT.

That was what I deduced too ... but which score is which civ? Sure - you can tell at the moment by looking at the score board ... but what about it 10 turns time when you look back on the above entry?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(March 30th, 2014, 17:56)NobleHelium Wrote:
(March 30th, 2014, 13:53)Fintourist Wrote: Random idea: Now that we have our own "civstats"... Would it be possible that in addition to "new turn mail" it would also send a "PYFT" message to everyone, who has not played when there is 5/3/1 hour left in the timer? tongue

This is a lot harder than a new turn mail, because the timer dropping below 5 hours is not an in-game event. You would have to tie it to a real event like someone ending turn, but then you'd either send out an email every time someone ends turn and there is < x hours on the clock, or you'd have to introduce state to keep track of whether you've already sent the relevant email for the current turn.

Is there a way to make it send an email when number of players ended turn > pre-set level of players having ended turn occurs, like when the 30th person ends turn and there's only 3/4 people left to play?

(March 30th, 2014, 18:18)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(March 30th, 2014, 17:53)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Commodore played a turn for someone as well as the lurker civ and both received a score increase EoT.

That was what I deduced too ... but which score is which civ? Sure - you can tell at the moment by looking at the score board ... but what about it 10 turns time when you look back on the above entry?

C&D is of the devil. That's my best answer. Unless you track score changes every turn, you won't know for long which login is for which civ unless we request that players subbing for a civ on that turn just use that civ's name when logging in (Maya, Russia, etc).

The lurker civ's score won't be close to any other civ for long, I'm not sure its worth the time to add that feature, if its tricky or time consuming.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?