As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[no players] You're doing it wrong...the lurking thread

novice Wrote:Our GP was born an engineer, and will probably rush MoM in our capital shortly.

Gaspar Wrote:*going Calendar next for MoM*

Ouch. He's an entertaining turn reporter, I really hope Gaspar keeps playing games...but I don't think this will be his last at the very least, this would be a darned sour swan song to go out on.

In other news, how 'bout them Greens? I've actually totally lost track of who is killing whom. Did Sian break a NAP, or did Catwalk just goof?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:In other news, how 'bout them Greens? I've actually totally lost track of who is killing whom. Did Sian break a NAP, or did Catwalk just goof?

The green's game in 10x more fun so far! In this case Catwalk messed up, and protected his pink dot with only a warrior. Sian saw the mistake and burned the city... then paid a settler for peace to the Cats who have basically no army! Oops.

Xenu, sadly, has regained his sanity after Kuro got replaced. Now they're talking about selling units to Catwalk to jump start their completely crashed economy (math in 25t?!)

Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:All those calculations aside, is selling the units the best move for us? Our economy is terrible and we certainly need the money. I'm just worried about a Slaze-styled backstab. What are you thinking of in terms of NAP to go along with this?

If Catwalk wants to pay ~100g for a bowman, take it to the bank!! I'd be absolutely shocked if the cats turned Slaze: they're painfully soft on diplo so far, failing even to designate a "bad cop" persona for diplo pressure. :shrug:

Dazed is working some diplo magic in the greens game. Despite being the prohibitive favorite the minute he walked in the door, despite replacing a guy as popular as the US Senate, he's got everyone marching to his beat.

Sian isn't helping.

Oh, and it's hilarious that Seven's cryptogram laden diplo in 23 has Gaspar scratching his head over actual trade offers!

Ceiliazul Wrote:Dazed is working some diplo magic in the greens game. Despite being the prohibitive favorite the minute he walked in the door, despite replacing a guy as popular as the US Senate, he's got everyone marching to his beat.

Sian isn't helping.

Well, yeah, it's Sian. Like I said, if you manage somehow to piss off Catwalk in diplo, you've got some issues. Dazed will continue floating to victory, alas.

So apparently, Mao of Babylon is a bit underpowered. Although reading Xenu's thread, I feel like cheering every time I witness the insanity. Sure let's settle a reachy jungle dyes/sugar location while lacking IW and Calendar. Why not? It's not like there is a bunch of next-door stone, sheep, or gold locations.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Although reading Xenu's thread, I feel like cheering every time I witness the insanity.

Xenu is a pocket full of sunshine after the machine-like performances of many opponents. Like Lewwyn only less angry.

By the way, I like Xenu's reasoning for accepting the cheap marble deal. If Dazed comes through, (and nothing in Catwalk's thread makes me think they'll be ready to stop him,) Xenu comes out ahead. Doesn't mean I'd emulate him, but it sure is fun for lurking!

I only wish he had sold the bowmen for 100g each! lol

Gaspar Wrote:Would you take the bait?

Of course I wouldn't, we're talking about continuing the 4th place blood feud. After that maybe Lewwyn will get the message and attack someone else! Should be easy to understand, even though it is Lewwyn!

<echo chamber>

Commodore, ongoing ups for the map that has kept the aggression level high but not (ahem) too close for comfort. I'm loving both these games right now!

Lewwyn Wrote:Second test of Operation alliance:

Cuz nothing says "lets be friends" like an Immortal shoved up Gaspar's left nostril.

I'm not sure what Gaspar is thinking attacking N7. With HAs. When they have LBs. But the funniest thing about it

Gaspar Wrote:Anyway, we'll have longbows in 3t, so I'm not in the least bit concerned about an attack on us

Uh, Gaspar, maybe N7 are not concerned either in that case?

Serdoa Wrote:I'm not sure what Gaspar is thinking attacking N7. With HAs. When they have LBs. But the funniest thing about it

Hey at least it seems like it worked lol