As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(October 17th, 2017, 10:16)AdrienIer Wrote: But isn't the FPÖ asking for the ministry of foreign affairs ?

AFAIK they have asked for the Internal Affair departement (Security / Police) but as the talks have not even started I wouldn't give too much about this.

If the FPÖ wants to get in power they need to find an agreement with a 2nd party and then they need to find people for the ministries that the President doesn't reject.

In 2000 then president Klestil refused 2 candidates.

The current president is rather left and clear pro-EU. He has already said he expects from any party in goverment position a clear Pro-EU-position and upholding of civil-rights and Human-rights.

(October 17th, 2017, 13:21)Rowain Wrote: The current president is rather left and clear pro-EU. He has already said he expects from any party in goverment position a clear Pro-EU-position and upholding of civil-rights and Human-rights.

So... Not the FPÖ ?

(October 17th, 2017, 13:23)AdrienIer Wrote:
(October 17th, 2017, 13:21)Rowain Wrote: The current president is rather left and clear pro-EU. He has already said he expects from any party in goverment position a clear Pro-EU-position and upholding of civil-rights and Human-rights.

So... Not the FPÖ ?

If they want to get into goverment they will sign into it.

FPÖ can just not compromise with the President and because ÖVP and SPÖ won't form coalition it would trigger another election which would be a de facto referendum on President vs the FPÖ which the FPÖ would win because the President veto would trigger massive "we against reigning parties" and this time the ÖVP would support the FPÖ not the President. I predict the President will rubber stamp any ÖVP-FPÖ deal and occasionally throw out vetoes to avoid implicitly endorsing them.

I admit I don't really know anything about this and just like saying "Ö".

(October 16th, 2017, 15:01)AdrienIer Wrote: The last time an EU country went for a right+far right coalition was Viktor Orban, and in 7 years he turned his country into a xenophobic hellhole. So yeah, I'm worried about Austria.

Your definition of a xenophobic hellhole seems lax

A country with a lack of workers refusing immigration for ideological reasons has a xenophobia problem

Morality isn't defined by money, but sometimes the reverse is.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 17th, 2017, 15:57)AdrienIer Wrote: A country with a lack of workers refusing immigration for ideological reasons has a xenophobia problem

Being an Austrian citizen is not an inherent human right~

(October 17th, 2017, 15:59)Krill Wrote: Morality isn't defined by money, but sometimes the reverse is.
Money is defined by morality ?

(October 17th, 2017, 16:19)greenline Wrote:
(October 17th, 2017, 15:57)AdrienIer Wrote: A country with a lack of workers refusing immigration for ideological reasons has a xenophobia problem

Being an Austrian citizen is not an inherent human right~

I never mentioned citizenship

(October 17th, 2017, 16:23)AdrienIer Wrote: I never mentioned citizenship

So you'd rather mention some kind of work visa or other method of granting residence in a country you think all immigrants are owed? hmm