As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

It's Easter, one of the three times of the year that a lot of players will be busy along with Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

So we'll probably be looking at a weekend long pause? Since that's not going to happen so often I don't think it would be too disruptive.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(April 19th, 2014, 09:19)Krill Wrote: It's Easter, one of the three times of the year that a lot of players will be busy along with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm totally fine with this, I just wish we would communicate this in advance.

Azza is an Aussie, IIRC.

Perth? If so ... then it is currently 5am Sunday morning there.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

He posted in his other games IT threads, must have forgotten this one.

I understand the desire to pause over a holiday weekend, but did Azza request or mention a pause? Wouldn't it make the most sense to let this turn roll since he is the only one who has not played. Then if needed, we can pause the next turn. Pausing with only one player who has not played effectually extends the pause by a whole turn.

(April 19th, 2014, 11:33)Whosit Wrote: So we'll probably be looking at a weekend long pause? Since that's not going to happen so often I don't think it would be too disruptive.

Which is kinda sad, since weekends are when I'm most available to play. And I'm bored today. smile

(April 20th, 2014, 10:12)HitAnyKey Wrote:
(April 19th, 2014, 11:33)Whosit Wrote: So we'll probably be looking at a weekend long pause? Since that's not going to happen so often I don't think it would be too disruptive.

Which is kinda sad, since weekends are when I'm most available to play. And I'm bored today. smile

Cough

(And before you ask no I didn't put Azza up to this.)

(April 20th, 2014, 10:43)Old Harry Wrote: Cough

(And before you ask no I didn't put Azza up to this.)

Hmm, almost kinda sounds interesting. I might actually consider it. Though I haven't even played a SP game in a couple years. Didn't even know you guys did that adventure sort of thing from custom scenarios. Yeah, yeah...I don't really browse the threads much. Just specific PB ones when I get pulled into a game once in awhile. :P

(April 20th, 2014, 08:04)dazedroyalty Wrote: I understand the desire to pause over a holiday weekend, but did Azza request or mention a pause? Wouldn't it make the most sense to let this turn roll since he is the only one who has not played. Then if needed, we can pause the next turn. Pausing with only one player who has not played effectually extends the pause by a whole turn.

This is what I could find, from the PB17 tech thread:

(April 16th, 2014, 06:51)Azza Wrote: I'm away over the Easter weekend myself.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that a player could just plan in advance for being away at this very early stage in the game? A lurker could surely move a worker or two, as well as a scout, without requiring everyone else to wait until after the holiday.

I would appreciate some feedback from everyone here. I either want to know if I should realign my expectations or if we should all be more accommodating to each other by playing turns based on the timer and to only pause in the rare circumstance where an absence cannot be helped and is unforeseen (illness, emergency, etc).

Obviously later on when we have war turns and more complicated, unanticipated in-game decisions we may be more reluctant to have lurkers running things in our absence, and that is fine. But we are certainly not there yet.

Let's come to a consensus. Please weigh in if you are playing.