As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

Has it come up yet that rivers will loose their extra commerce (due to trade routes mechanic). I am not sure how I feel about this. Isn´t this another step to make the landscape more bland?

(March 22nd, 2013, 10:45)TheArchduke Wrote: Has it come up yet that rivers will loose their extra commerce (due to trade routes mechanic). I am not sure how I feel about this. Isn´t this another step to make the landscape more bland?

If early trade flows along the rivers, I think it'd be okay. I don't know how high-fidelity they want their trade route model to be though...
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

I don't get the slider hate. One of the things I actually like the least in Civ 5 is how push-button science is. I guess I don't need sliders, but I'd like a little bit more feel of the ability to tool my empire towards various aims at various times. The social policies are fun in their own way, but if you're not running a culture game they're just some bonuses here and there.

I dunno, I'm probably a lot closer to casual than the average guy on this board and I just don't think civ5 has a lot of replay value because it's harder to have vastly different games from game to game.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Hey Ichabod, they made it official.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

(March 23rd, 2013, 17:28)Sareln Wrote: Hey Ichabod, they made it official.

Nice!

Of course, the UA had to be Carnival... And it seems to be a pretty useless UA too (double Tourism in Golden Age - unless Tourism has some deeper importance than what was revealed, this is beyond useless in most games and not that beneficial in a tiny number of games).

I imagined that Dom Pedro II would be the only possible leader to be chosen, though I'd still prefer others. I wonder if Brazil will have Rio de Janeiro as its capital city or Brasilia. It was Rio de Janeiro on Dom Pedro II time... Maybe they'll use Buenos Aires, like I've seen in some movies. lol

They should have made Carnival Multifaceted imho.

Like Double Tourism *always* and +25% gold during a golden age.

If Carnival is Brazil's golden age, then Brazil UA should be that it's always on a golden age. lol

hence double tourism always tongue

I just found this information on the PC Gamer website

"In further XCOM news, it also emerged at the Expo that Civ V’s Brave New World will feature XCOM squads as late-game units, delivered via (what else?) Skyranger."

rolleyerolleyerolleye
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Novelty unit like giant death robots.