As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I get stuck after connecting to the host on "Getting Civ Choices". I think this is due to the poor quality of connexion at the moment, will try again in the morning, but please pause.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

Paused with 30 mins left, Bacchus and Our Beloved Host left to play.

(May 1st, 2014, 17:33)Bacchus Wrote: I get stuck after connecting to the host on "Getting Civ Choices". I think this is due to the poor quality of connexion at the moment, will try again in the morning, but please pause.

Could it be a firewall issue? If you're running a local firewall, try disabling it.
I have to run.

I pulled this together waiting for the turn to roll. It shows the average pattern of the cumulative number of players that have finished their turn by the number of hours that the turn has been active.

You can see that turns 21-30 are (on average) slower than the earlier sets of turns. However, we are still hitting about 50% done (17 players) by hour 7 or 8.

[Image: PlayerTurnClosure.png]
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(May 2nd, 2014, 02:19)novice Wrote:
(May 1st, 2014, 17:33)Bacchus Wrote: I get stuck after connecting to the host on "Getting Civ Choices". I think this is due to the poor quality of connexion at the moment, will try again in the morning, but please pause.

Could it be a firewall issue? If you're running a local firewall, try disabling it.

Thanks for the pointer, it was actually disabled for other reasons and I forgot to bring it back up. Sadly, this also means that it's not a firewall issue, and I'm still getting it. I will leave instructions for a lurker in the thread to get this going, and hopefully will sort it out in 24 hours.

(May 2nd, 2014, 05:04)Ruff_Hi Wrote: I pulled this together waiting for the turn to roll.

Very cool! Someone want to figure out which mathematical equation perfectly models the aggregate human behaviour here at RB?

(May 2nd, 2014, 05:33)Bacchus Wrote: I will leave instructions for a lurker in the thread to get this going

Sian said he'd take a look once he's played his own pending turns.
I have to run.

Turn rolled. Clearly Caledorn is after Bacchus in a turn split. mischief
I have to run.

(May 2nd, 2014, 06:45)WilliamLP Wrote: Very cool! Someone want to figure out which mathematical equation perfectly models the aggregate human behaviour here at RB?

-1^(1/2x), where x is any positive integer. That's my approximation, anyhow.

Ok, I still can't get the list of civs to choose from after apparently successfully connecting to the host. Not sure what this is, never happened before, doesn't happen anywhere else. 2.0.6.4 is the version of the mod we are using, right? Is there anything else that I might need? Otherwise, I might need to sub out until whenever this resolves, as I don't currently have the RL time to spend on playing around with connectivity.