As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FFH II PBEM III Tech issues thread

TL;DR Fixed

Long version edit -

Save was sent on, moving the save is independent from displaying the info and works purely on gmail filters/forwarding.

Display issues : typical PBEM autosave is formated like this :

<game name>_<turn>_<next player>.<extension>

and tracker was depending on that to show the data properly. The save it was fed looked like

<next player> <turn> <game name>.<extension>

which caused it to become somewhat confused. I'll watch it for a while and patch things up as required.

I'll add smarter exception handling on Monday.

Mist Wrote:Fixed

Fantastic. smile Thanks for the rapid response, Mist!

OK, looks like I have some starting problems. I can't load the save, since the game complains about the save being protected against changes in my assets folder or something like that.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling FfH later today and see if that helps at all. Is the save patch O with zombie fix? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what else to do.

I have sent WarriorKnight a single player save as a test -- if he can open that, then probably I screwed something up creating the PBEM save. If he can not open it, then it is probably a version issue.

I have (I believe) patch 'o', and also the pyre zombie fix. But how would I check both of these to be certain?

Edit: OK, Mist explained earlier in this thread how to check the patch version. I see the proper date on the readme for patch o. For the pyre zombie fix, how is this handled? I have the updated CIV4UnitInfos.xml file, located in my <drive path stuff>\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Units folder. Is this supposed to go somewhere else, or is this the proper placement of the fix?

haphazard1 Wrote:I have sent WarriorKnight a single player save as a test -- if he can open that, then probably I screwed something up creating the PBEM save. If he can not open it, then it is probably a version issue.

I have (I believe) patch 'o', and also the pyre zombie fix. But how would I check both of these to be certain?

Single player save opened fine.

To test patch O, go into Dain's civilopedia page and see what his favorite wonder is, if it's the catacomb libralus then it's patch O, if its the pagan temple then it's N. (that was a fix of patch O)

To test zombie fix, WB yourself tons of zombies in O and see if they explode when they die. smile

WarriorKnight Wrote:Single player save opened fine.

Sounds like I messed up somehow creating the PBEM save, then. frown

WarriorKnight Wrote:To test patch O, go into Dain's civilopedia page and see what his favorite wonder is, if it's the catacomb libralus then it's patch O, if its the pagan temple then it's N. (that was a fix of patch O)

OK, Dain loves the catacomb libralus, so patch o is correct.

WarriorKnight Wrote:To test zombie fix, WB yourself tons of zombies in O and see if they explode when they die. smile

Heh. Started a new game and did this...and never have I waited so many turns to find something to fight. lol Pyre zombie exploded for fire damage, as expected.

OK, I guess the next thing is to send the WB file to WarriorKnight and let him create the PBEM game using the WB file as a scenario. I am not sure what else could be wrong, since he can open the single player save with no issues.

Can anyone think of something else to try?

haphazard1 Wrote:OK, I guess the next thing is to send the WB file to WarriorKnight and let him create the PBEM game using the WB file as a scenario. I am not sure what else could be wrong, since he can open the single player save with no issues.

Can anyone think of something else to try?

Can someone tell me how to set up the game? I haven't done this before so I don't really know what to do.

Didn't we have exact same problems with PBEM 2?

We ended up sending the WB file to first player in turn order to create the game with no admin password and it went on fine from there.

WarriorKnight Wrote:Can someone tell me how to set up the game? I haven't done this before so I don't really know what to do.

WarriorKnight, here is what I did. (Of course, this produced a save you couldn't open! lol)

1) Put the WB save in your saves/WorldBuilder/ folder.
2) Launch FFH2, and select MultiPlayer, PBEM
3) Choose New Scenario
4) There will be a list of the standard scenarios, but you can scroll down and should find the WB save listed. Select it and click OK.
5) You get a choice of civs, pick the Elohim.
6) Now you have the usual game options screen, although most map options are not changeable. All you need to do here is set all the human players to Emperor difficulty, then click Launch.

I hope this works. I have no idea what went wrong with the PBEM save I created, or why it would not open when you can open the single player save. huh

haphazard1 Wrote:WarriorKnight, here is what I did. (Of course, this produced a save you couldn't open! lol)

1) Put the WB save in your saves/WorldBuilder/ folder.
2) Launch FFH2, and select MultiPlayer, PBEM
3) Choose New Scenario
4) There will be a list of the standard scenarios, but you can scroll down and should find the WB save listed. Select it and click OK.
5) You get a choice of civs, pick the Elohim.
6) Now you have the usual game options screen, although most map options are not changeable. All you need to do here is set all the human players to Emperor difficulty, then click Launch.

I hope this works. I have no idea what went wrong with the PBEM save I created, or why it would not open when you can open the single player save. huh

Thanks for that. Quick question though, how do you convert the text that you sent me into a worldbuilder save?