As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FFH II PBEM III Tech issues thread

Just letting you all know, I'm on holidays for the next week and a bit. I'm taking my laptop and should have the net, but I might be less responsive.

... and it turns out I'm completely wrong. Apparently the people I'm staying with don't have the internet. I'd just been assuming they would, I mean what kind of technologically backwards place is this anyway? rolleye At least I found out before I got there.

I'll be back on Wednesday night, and then off to somewhere else over Easter which hopefully will have the internet. I'll try and organise a sub, although obviously it's a bit short notice. My sincere apologies for the short notice to all of you on this, it didn't even occur to me they wouldn't have the net. They have email and everything, but they must only have it from work or something.

Ok, I've managed to talk Lord Parkin, my most active ded-lurker (and a player who's judgment I definately trust), into subbing for me. So the game should keep running. I don't know his email address offhand, but in any case he can get the turn from the tracker and I've sent him the address to pass it on to.

My email is:

lordparkin
[at]
gmail
[dot]
com

Looking forward to subbing. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:Looking forward to subbing. smile

Thanks for stepping up; I really didn't want a week-long pause smile. I'm about opposite Irgy in the rotation, so I don't expect much other contact, but again, thanks.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Lord Parkin Wrote:Looking forward to subbing.

Thanks for filling in. smile

@Irgy: I hope you enjoy your holiday even if your hosts don't have modern amenities. wink

Turn 104 save emailed to Mr. Yellow directly (since I can't use the website apparently). smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:Turn 104 save emailed to Mr. Yellow directly (since I can't use the website apparently). smile

Well, not until I add you to the queues everywhere wink Do you want to get a copy of the save from now on, or do you prefer to get it off the website and just be able to send it on?

I don't really mind. Direct email is probably quicker, but the website is fine as well - just have the player before me (WK?) post here to let me know if I'm up. Or anyone else feel free to give me a nudge here if I'm sitting on the save. wink

WK has me on Gmail Chat already actually, so it should be easy for him to let me know when I'm up, assuming he's the one that plays before me. smile
Lord Parkin

Let's plug you in full time then. There's a forwarding request for you in your inbox, once you accept that, you'll be in the round-robin both to get and send the save.