As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

We just watch. And Judge. FFH PBEM III Lurker Thread.

PB signed me up when it looked like he was going to be fighting a difficult conflict with 4 other players, with a rapidly growing vampire army.

After Iskender fell in less than ten turns, the situation was drastically different. It was also far too late.

Quote:everyone else busied themselves with each other

What?

I meant earlier in the game. You rushed two of the others, Bob kept arguing with Iskender, etc.

(Not this thread but) I'm still hoping Pb will eventually conclude his PBEM1 thread and we'll have a proper post game discussion.

Brian Shanahan Wrote:1) The joint attack with Iskender, PB suspected something along these lines (not knowing what was going on, I didn't either only read other threads later) and snuffed out the Iskender thread by masterfully snuffing out Iskender, by using the tactics the Hippus are meant to use themselves.

Pb had access to Raiders. Hippus horses with Rhoanna are just 4-movers w/o Commando, not bad, but not good enough to waste anyone the way Pb did.

Iskender Wrote:(Not this thread but) I'm still hoping Pb will eventually conclude his PBEM1 thread and we'll have a proper post game discussion.

I'd enjoy another game with the entire PBEM 1 group again- although maybe Cull with a dedicated lurker who also plays all the turns tongue Might be best as AW, though smile

I have no idea where PB is, but apparently it's not RB. So if there's a slate of final thoughts you have prepared & want to share, I'd just post them wherever in the PBEM 1 forum now, rather than wait up for him. Personally I've already said everything I ever had to say about that game in various chats and posts in the intervening months, but if someone still has questions or something I guess I could pop in to give some perspective.

Warrior Knigh Wrote:In the meantime I better focus on which Tier IV units I'll want eventually, Beastmasters and Paladins will be my most likely options.

Err, so you think that Thoth is likely to be using Beasts of Agares, and you're going to try to counter with Paladins? Beastmasters are also a bad idea, not because they're weak but because their combined hammer costs with groves are so high compared to other things you could be using instead. But then again, WK has been building monks instead of cheaper & overall better HA anyway, so I guess why break from tradition tongue

Quote:Beastmasters are also a bad idea, not because they're weak but because their combined hammer costs with groves are so high compared to other things you could be using instead.

Oh... I don't know. I think Beastmasters are a pretty good idea.

Quote:WK has been building monks instead of cheaper & overall better HA anyway

Does he have stirrups?

If he does, then yeah. Pretty weedy to go with Monks instead of HA.

Well Beastmasters could capture the Beasts which would definitely be a beastly move. Pardon the puns, couldn't help myself. lol Might not be feasible though.

Nyktorion Wrote:My hunter in the south east finds one of Thoth's cultists who are harassing Irgy:

[Image: Uf0ub.jpg]

I plan to park him somewhere out of the cultist's sight, and do some hawk scouting with him there. That should give my privateers a good opportunity to strike the cultists without suffering from tsunamis.

Huh. I've always wondered, are Hidden Nationality units covered by NAPs, or is it a case of only being a problem if you get caught? Alternatively, is he waiting until the NAP runs out?

Hidden nationality units are exceptions to NAPs, in my opinion. That's kind of the point of hidden nationality. If you get caught though, I would also consider it expected for the other party to consider the NAP breached.

Well surely Thoth knows that Nyk has Caravels and hence Privateers, and that there are only a limited number of nations on that side of the map with a sea presence. It's kinda obvious.