As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FFH II PBEM III Tech issues thread

darrelljs Wrote:I sent sunrise089 a message to help.

I should confirm, this is patch O with the zombie fix, right?

Darrell

Yes. I think all of RB has been on that since PBEM1 ended. Hopefully sunrise can get this sorted for us (and we can publish exactly what we did so that the next time it works more smoothly).

darrelljs Wrote:Oh, and:

-1 for "you've threaten my annihilation" lol.

Darrell

Oh, don't mind him, that's just Thoth being Thoth. wink Don't get him started on the topic of temptation...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

darrelljs Wrote:Oh, and:

-1 for "you've threaten my annihilation" lol.

Darrell

:neenernee

Mardoc Wrote:Oh, don't mind him, that's just Thoth being Thoth. Don't get him started on the topic of temptation...

innocent

Quote:Dang, I was afraid of that. I'm hunting for my router's manual and password now. Or, well, has anyone else already enabled the appropriate stuff for allowing the connection through for other games, so I can just play and pass it on to someone?

I used to do direct IP through Hamachi. Should work to set up Pitboss if you're still having connection problems.

Heisenberg Wrote:I used to do direct IP through Hamachi. Should work to set up Pitboss if you're still having connection problems.

I haven't gotten anything to work yet. If you want to give it a try, I'll finish off my turn and pass the save on. Or we can wait for sunrise.

I really don't think adding another program to my list of things to learn tonight would help matters, though smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I couldn't stand looking at "Mardoc has the save" any longer. So I passed it onto Thoth, we'll see how long he can hold it. Or hopefully someone who knows what they're doing, like sunrise, will intervene quickly enough that Thoth doesn't have to test his willpower.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

We might want to hang on to the save before the turn ends. Hyborem starts with a settler, and would pretty much settle on the first turn if the AI plays it.
Guess we should let the Infernal player get his choice of starting capital location.

T-hawk Wrote:Mardoc asked me via PM for help here, but afraid that I haven't got much helpful experience. I'm guessing that Hyborem, if not taken over by the summoning player, becomes an AI? If so, then I do think you can convert that AI to a new human by using the Pitboss approach. Host the save as a Pitboss, have Darrell connect to it, and choose Hyborem from the civ list. He'll be prompted to create a password.
Tried this. Hyborem is not an option on the civ list, which means modified DLL is required.

Not at all an expert at this stuff but would Mist replaying the summoner's save, having the summoner swap to Hyborem, then trying the Pitboss approach to assign the summoner's old civ to a human player a viable approach?

Rawkking Goodguy Wrote:Not at all an expert at this stuff but would Mist replaying the summoner's save, having the summoner swap to Hyborem, then trying the Pitboss approach to assign the summoner's old civ to a human player a viable approach?
No. There are only 6 open Human slots, any side over that number becomes an AI. So if summoner took the swap his former civ would become the unchooseable one. And it would have a downside of having AI play the reminder of summoners turn.

And out of curiosity, I have checked, it's not possible to choose 'AI Takeover' when starting a new PBEM game in FFH. All future PBEMs will need to be started as a Pitboss from WorldBuilder save and then converted back.

If there are still 6 open slots, then might just work. Bannor has already... unfortunately perished.

Quote:Oh, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
We'll likely kill you long before you go to Spain.
-1 for "you've threaten my annihilation" .

Darrell

Just a heads-up for you Darrell... You start at war with Thoth :neenernee