As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

We just watch. And Judge. FFH PBEM III Lurker Thread.

Just popping in here to say that I'm amazed at the sheer volume of shortsighted behavior that's occurred in here in the last 5 turns or so. Virtually every player but Thoth and Nyktorion has made a bad decision that's going to win the game for Thoth. And Nyk can't do anything about it on his own.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:Just popping in here to say that I'm amazed at the sheer volume of shortsighted behavior that's occurred in here in the last 5 turns or so. Virtually every player but Thoth and Nyktorion has made a bad decision that's going to win the game for Thoth. And Nyk can't do anything about it on his own.

"Thoth builds tower of mastery unopposed after everyone spends 50 turns talking about stopping him" would be the most anticlimactic ending ever lol

BTW - I guess this comes down to personal interpretation as much as anything else, but would building the final Tower/Altar generally be considered a NAP violation?

Probably not, it's pretty much a space race except it makes your machine guns shoot faster. I guess you're supposed to deny them a NAP, or at least race towards your own victory condition. I don't think Selrahc and PB had a NAP, just an agreement to pursue their own victory condition (but then Selrahc decided to go out with a bang and ascend).

E: Wait do you mean it autodeclares as soon as you start? Okay, then I'm not so sure.

Nicolae Carpathia Wrote:(but then Selrahc decided to go out with a bang and ascend).

You realize that he didn't actually ascend, right? tongue PB won a peaceful Altar victory just a few turns after his last report.

Well, the bearded dude in the armour ascended and turned into Ares from God of War (seriously that's what those back spikes look like to me).

Right, what I meant was that Selrahc never built Auric Ascended. It was all a joke. Surprising how many people he fooled, actually. PBEM I ended not with a bang, nor a whimper, but with handshakes and winking. Sorry if I just ruined the end of that game for you or whatever. :P

I don't think you can consider the autodeclaration a NAP violation. NAPs would be way absurd otherwise, "you can't win for the next 50 turns! Haha!" (Nelson voice)

Quote:lol.

Darrell

lol

Bobchillingworth

Bobchillingworth Wrote:Right, what I meant was that Selrahc never built Auric Ascended. It was all a joke. Surprising how many people he fooled, actually. PBEM I ended not with a bang, nor a whimper, but with handshakes and winking. Sorry if I just ruined the end of that game for you or whatever. :P

Aw damn don't I feel dumb now.

Also, what is the Altar meant to do lore-wise? ToM I kinda understand, you turn into super wizzard and control the very fabric of existence.

I think it's a tribute to The One and he actually starts caring about the world again or something. The Luonnotar believe that the angels are not actually gods, but were created by one real god (which is true, of course).