As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FFH II PBEM III Tech issues thread

I'm glad you guys are getting this moving again. It's been an interesting game so far.

The spoiled replacement proposal does sound interesting, and I think our chances to find somebody spoiled to take over are higher than to found someone unspoiled (but still interested) at this stage of the game.

One open question in that scenario here: how much spoiler knowledge is not too much? For instance, I'd say that what Darrell and Cynehard know from playing the Infernals is not at all problematic. However, if the one who should take over has closely followed our game until we got stuck in limbo... in that case you do have a point that this is counterweighted by the current Sheaim situation. However, in that case, I'd like to ask the prospective replacement on an honor basis to avoid spreading too much of his spoiler knowledge to the other players through diplomacy. Of course, it would be asked too much to not let the spoiler knowledge influence that replacement's own decisions (both in diplomacy and in the actual game). But what I would like the replacement to avoid is writing messages in the spirit of "Hey Nyktorion, I've read in Thoth's spoiler thread that blahblahblah, and hence I propose blehblehbleh arrangement between us".

What's the opinion of all of you about the limits (or lack thereof) of spoiler usage of a replacement, now that we have the "spoiled replacement" suggestion around?

Spoiler knowledge usage should obviously be kept to an absolute minimum. Now it would be hard to not have the spoiler knowledge influence your decisions, but allowing it to influence the other players' decisions is a definite no-no.

I'd be willing to take over, though I'd need a ded. lurker to replace me for a few days here and there. But put me to the back of the list for a few days, as I'm completely spoiled (all ye're threads are just too addictive and well presented). But if ye cannot find anyone else...
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Nyktorion Wrote:What's the opinion of all of you about the limits (or lack thereof) of spoiler usage of a replacement, now that we have the "spoiled replacement" suggestion around?

Assuming we agree on a spoiled replacement in the first place, I'm fine with any personal use the Sheaim have for spoiler knowledge, since I can't imagine how you could simulate 'what I would have chosen if I didn't know'. That wouldn't be any fun, anyway, trying to play dumb and second-guess yourself.

I would draw a line at sharing it with other civs. Although anything the Sheaim civ itself knows from in-game or diplo is fair game, as normal.

And thanks Brian! We still need votes from Thoth and WarriorKnight, and of course there's still that chance of someone less spoiled being interested. But I'm glad to have at least a back-up plan now smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Please dont let this game die.

mackoti Wrote:Please dont let this game die.

A hundred times this. The first 3 FFH PBEMs might well be the most entertaining games on this forum.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I'd be willing to team with Brian if spoiled is okay. I've been reading Nyk and Thoth mostly, so if I read the map right that's not close-by Civs.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hi,

I am a ded lurker on Heisenberg's thread and his RL friend.
I myself haven't been able to contact him for quite some time and neither have I been updated in this PBEM (thanks to him not posting anything for his lurkers).

However, I have access to his gmail account, 'cause he was in doubt of his RL issues during his work overseas. I do play FFH but never in PBEM.

If all the other players do not mind, and I assume Heisenberg himself won't blame me for helping out (rather to get hated by all of you), I could help play his turns.

I will go back home to check if my computer still stores his gmail login pw.
If that goes through, let me know asap if any of you strongly object to me entering.

I have only been a ded lurker for the him and I do not know any existing deals or whatever. If possible drop me an email (his email) to inform me of anything I ought to know. I will try to play the turn within the next 12 hours if I can access his email. (assuming no objections, and I will try not to attack anyone until I receive the diplo update summaries.)

Sorry for all the troubles he has caused though, especially when he was a replacement for Irgy already.

Thanks.

Koenigsegg, that would be great. I do hope there's nothing wrong with Heisenberg, just an unexpectedly busy patch or something along those lines.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Hi all, I have played t164 last night. Do not worry about Heisenberg; I've heard from his parents that he is alive smile
Anyway for some weird reasons, my computer at home is unable to access this forum. So I can only check my PMs at work.
Contact me via Hei's email instead, especially over the weekends.