As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

We just watch. And Judge. FFH PBEM III Lurker Thread.

Ah so that was the situation. Sorry for saying things without fully knowing the full extent.

The chat between Mardoc and myself did actually happen. The relevant sections:

Quote:me: hehe. I've no idea....something keeps me chasing all over the tech tree though....
10:47 PM BTW....It occurs to me that our current NAP runs out at the end of turn 170...Do you have any interest in extending it? Or should I be arranging for a welcoming party for Hemah and co?
10:48 PM Mardoc: yes and no. I'd be willing, but I have a make-or-break condition that I doubt you'd accept
and that's an exception in the event you're at war with anyone else in the game
10:50 PM me: hm.. what turn would the "no war" clause go into effect? I'm currently at war with the Sheam, and am considering a punishment war with the Elfs. Getting out of those wars might take some time.
or was that a "you're at war with everyone in the game" clause. smile
10:51 PM Mardoc: well, obviously not until EOT t170
see, as long as you're at war with everyone else, I don't particularly worry about an invasion anyway
10:52 PM but I don't think I can afford to let you just conquer the rest of the world
me: Well, yes, since that is when our current NAP ends. LOL.
10:53 PM Mardoc: yeah, not going to change current deals anyway
me: I don't have any current plans to invade you. My war plans at the moment are defensive in nature.
Mardoc: but, well, I do want a shot at winning, and I can't see having that if you own the world
yeah, it's that 'at the moment' that I fear
me: Other than some possible Elfish punnishment expiditions.
10:55 PM I'm not planning on a Domination victory if that is what you are worried about. OTOH, I do plan on winning the game. wink
Mardoc: it's going to be Conquest, then?
10:56 PM me: My current agreements preclude me from owning the world before turn 210.
10:57 PM Not Conquest, just an old fashioned Cultural win. wink
Or failing that an Altar win.
10:58 PM Mardoc: what, not going for Tower?
me: Not enough mana...
10:59 PM Mardoc: what? With 1.75 civs worth of land?
how is that possible?
me: Besides which, I'm playing the Malakim the uber Altar civ. Anything else would be uncivilized
11:00 PM Our mapmaker was stingy with mana nodes. frown
Mardoc: yep
11:01 PM me: WK has the best shot wrt to mana types. But I don't think he has the military to pull it off.
Mardoc: he did kill Hyborem pretty quickly
although admittedly, Sanctuary helped a lot

There was a fair bit of back and forth banter and BSing going on, including an outright lie in regards to my chosen path to victory. The chat took place about two months ago and I was a bit corked at the time so I can't really comment on what I was thinking at the time, but I certainly didn't see my comment about not being able to own the world before tun 210 as a violation of the confidentiality clause regarding a NAP that expired on turn 195.

It actually took me about half an hour to find the relevant chat after I got WK's "I've found a flimsy excuse to DOW you now" email.

So... who actually used the infamous privateer, assuming it ever existed? lol

Damnfino.

First I heard of it was reading this thread. I'm still in the dark about what happened. lol

Check post #241. That's pretty conclusive I'd think. I don't think we can know for sure since Heisenberg is gone and presumably we have no way of asking his friend.

Bobchillingworth Wrote:So... who actually used the infamous privateer, assuming it ever existed? lol

I don't know for sure, but I can say that there was a wounded privateer in a Sheaim port the turn after Mist says the Elohim caravel disappeared.

Didn't check that until well after it didn't matter anymore, but I think Heisenberg actually was guilty there.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Had to be Heisenberg. Pointless risk to take to kill an inconsequential unit imo. In any case, the "coalition" was already in bad shape by then due to its failure to coordinate any military action against Thoth.

I just read thread #241.
No I only played 1 turn (T15X) for him before officially taking over and did nothing except moving workers around.

I will have to ask him personally when I see him. If i ever do.